RE: Why the MK23 failed...... - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: RE: Why the MK23 failed......

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Before I shot a Mk23 for the first time, I was expecting this big handful of Desert Eagle type awkwardness. Then when I shot my first several rounds, the gun’s size disappeared from my thoughts. It felt no different than shooting a full size tactical. Full size guns in general have little interest for me except for range time or perhaps a bedside piece. That’s where the Mk23 excels, as a range gun or even a home defense gun.

If I were an “operator” who had to carry countless pieces of gear attached to me while deployed for days or weeks in the field, yeah, I would want a compact tactical with an aluminum suppressor (not the stainless KAC mini Billy club). For those that bring up CCW, well, unless you are 300+ pounds of concealment, that discussion is just plain stupid.
    AGG likes this.

mew
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    If I were an “operator” who had to carry countless pieces of gear attached to me while deployed for days or weeks in the field, yeah, I would want a compact tactical with an aluminum suppressor (not the stainless KAC mini Billy club). For those that bring up CCW, well, unless you are 300+ pounds of concealment, that discussion is just plain stupid.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    You are not alone!!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
    Edmund Burke

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dave7120 View Post
    Iíve never tried that, I wonder how hard it actually feels?
    Pretty bad when the hammer pinches your thumb :P

This works for striker fired pistols, not hammer fired. At least not easily enough to be remotely practical.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Before I shot a Mk23 for the first time, I was expecting this big handful of Desert Eagle type awkwardness. Then when I shot my first several rounds, the gunís size disappeared from my thoughts. It felt no different than shooting a full size tactical. Full size guns in general have little interest for me except for range time or perhaps a bedside piece. Thatís where the Mk23 excels, as a range gun or even a home defense gun.

If I were an ďoperatorĒ who had to carry countless pieces of gear attached to me while deployed for days or weeks in the field, yeah, I would want a compact tactical with an aluminum suppressor (not the stainless KAC mini Billy club). For those that bring up CCW, well, unless you are 300+ pounds of concealment, that discussion is just plain stupid.
    Civilian use of firearms is for one of five reasons:

Duty carry as LE
    CCW
    Home defense
    Competition
    Play toy

The HK Mark 23 serves one of those purposes.

Thatís the point, itís not a useful firearm. Anything it does, something else does as well or better except for bragging on HK forums about how cool it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redpillregret View Post

Duty carry as LE
    CCW
    Home defense
    Competition
    Play toy

That’s the point, it’s not a useful firearm. Anything it does, something else does as well or better except for bragging on HK forums about how cool it is.

Good lord dude. Show us on the doll where the Mark 23 touched you.

A suppressed Mark 23 sets on my headboard as a HD gun, is a fantastic range toy, and I'm using it in a competition in a week. So there's three of your list right there. There is ALWAYS "something better", that doesn't mean it's bad.
    SudS and AGG like this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Klaustrophobia View Post
    Good lord dude. Show us on the doll where the Mark 23 touched you.

A suppressed Mark 23 sets on my headboard as a HD gun, is a fantastic range toy, and I'm using it in a competition in a week. So there's three of your list right there. There is ALWAYS "something better", that doesn't mean it's bad.
    Cool. You do you, boo boo.

Yeah, it is a bad choice though. Itís a terrible comp pistol. Pray tell what division youíre shooting in? It doesnít really matter itís terrible for that role.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Sorry, your list is flawed and your statement about other firearms doing everything better, well that has no support (specifics).

Your list presumes that the Mk23 is to be only carried while concealed, and the list also omits hunting (or does that fall under Play Toy?). One could also argue that unless competition was performed as a means of income, competition could be considered to fall under the heading of Play Toy.

Duty carry as LE
    CCW
    Home defense
    Competition
    Play toy

That’s the point, it’s not a useful firearm. Anything it does, something else does as well or better except for bragging on HK forums about how cool it is.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Cool. You do you, boo boo.

Yeah, it is a bad choice though. It’s a terrible comp pistol. Pray tell what division you’re shooting in? It doesn’t really matter it’s terrible for that role.

No divisions. Only rules are you get 2 mags max 42 rounds, and break the plates without hitting the no-shoots around them. No other silly artificial constraints on your equipment. Mark 23 is the most accurate pistol I own, which is what will be needed for this particular use.
    4X4 likes this.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

....I hate the damn thing. I’m glad I didn’t buy it. I’ve shot it several times. I have no desire for one after having messed with it for a while.
    ...It’s that it’s a worthless pistol. It has low capacity, it’s heavy, it doesn’t carry well, and it has no use. It doesn’t do ANYTHING something else doesn’t do better. I believe SOCOM agreed with such an assessment....If you like it, cool, rock on. But the gun failed as a Special Operations pistol. It failed as a professional use gun, and there is little that it does that something else can’t do better...
    Blunt as always. Well, if you hate the Mk23 so much, I guess the Mk23 hates you back even more, LOL!

Chillax, my friend. To each his own.
    Last edited by Vincent04; 10-02-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Sorry, your list is flawed and your statement about other firearms doing everything better, well that has no support (specifics).

Your list presumes that the Mk23 is to be only carried while concealed, and the list also omits hunting (or does that fall under Play Toy?). One could also argue that unless competition was performed as a means of income, competition could be considered to fall under the heading of Play Toy.
    Cool story.

Would you like a government-funded, peer-reviewed study to outline specifics?

Lighter guns with higher capacity are available for open carry/duty.

Some people compete for fun, sure. Some compete for skills mastery. Either way, I donít know of a division it wouldnít be at a disadvantage.

For hunting, .45 ACP is a terrible round. It also has no provisions for optics.

Arguing it can be used doesnít mean itís good sense to use it.

The MK 23 is nothing but a play toy for guys that love it.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links