9mm USP Expert Parts questions
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 9mm USP Expert Parts questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default 9mm USP Expert Parts questions

Good Evening All! Thanks to some creative trading and the sale of my Hudson H9 I should have a 9mm USP Expert on its way shortly. While I have the holster covered I am confused by the different USP magazines I'm finding online.

Can I use the plastic 15rd 9mm USP magazines in the Expert or does it have to be the steel ones? Can I use the 18rd mags without the jet funnel, or will they over insert?

Also If I want to replace the black front sight with a fiber optic one does anyone know the correct part number on HKparts.net, I've been looking under the USP 9mm/USP 9mm Tactical as there is no option for the USP Expert.

Thanks everyone, can't wait to share pictures when I get it to the range.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

You can use a 15 round magazine if you do not have a jet funnel attached. Otherwise it would be hard to remove from the frame.

You can use the 18 round magazine without the jet funnel and it will stick out the bottom of the frame.

Sorry I cannot help you with the fiber optic front sight but look here:

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handg...sight-tip.html

Or use the search function and search on Expert fiber optic front sight.
    HK - No Compromise

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I replaced my front sight on my Expert with a fiber optic one from Dawson Precision last year, and I highly recommend it.

I went with the .100” width to have a bit better sight picture. .285” is the correct height. Attached is a screenshot from my order with the SKU I ordered.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9mm USP Expert Parts questions-196c17e1-cf68-449c-b697-30396c787c13_1569887471657.jpeg  
    bauerdb likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ErickZ View Post
    I replaced my front sight on my Expert with a fiber optic one from Dawson Precision last year, and I highly recommend it.

I went with the .100” width to have a bit better sight picture. .285” is the correct height. Attached is a screenshot from my order with the SKU I ordered.
    Thanks Erik! I use Dawsons on most of my pistols but have always had a hard time getting them right when I don't order a complete set.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Domino!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    You can use a 15 round magazine if you do not have a jet funnel attached. Otherwise it would be hard to remove from the frame.
    You can't even insert a 15-rd mag into the magwell with JF installed. The mag is too short.

You can use the 18 round magazine without the jet funnel and it will stick out the bottom of the frame.
    Using the 18-rd mag without the JF will eventually damage your ejector. Don't do it.
    See my notes above, J.
    ar2088 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden528 View Post
    Thanks Erik! I use Dawsons on most of my pistols but have always had a hard time getting them right when I don't order a complete set.
    I second Dawson and since the Expert has adjustable sights just measure what you have and order same.
    Aiden528 likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

.285” was the measurement I took before I ordered it. After the install it took minimal adjustment to get POA and POI to match.

I really like the .100” width too. I was accurate with the stock front sight, but it was fat and would cover quite a bit at distance.

My accuracy and speed improved greatly with the addition of the Dawson fiber front sight. Now I want to put Dawson’s on other pistols.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

TooSixy,

Why would using an 18-rd 9mm mag without the jet funnel damage the extractor? I think that is bad data carried over from how the metal HK mags seat.

On the 9mm mags, there's an overtravel cutout on the left side of the mag that hits a tab molded inside the frame. This prevents the 9mm polymer mags from being over inserted and is what stops the mags when being inserted, not the baseplate. The new jet funnel mag baseplates never touch the frame even when fully inserted (there's still like a half mm gap).
    Last edited by Hunter Rose; 10-01-2019 at 11:59 PM.
    My mission: To convert every HK USP, HK45, and HK45 Compact shooter on the planet to Variant 9.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Rose View Post
    TooSixy,

Why would using an 18-rd 9mm mag without the jet funnel damage the extractor? I think that is bad data carried over from how the metal HK mags seat.

On the 9mm mags, there's an overtravel cutout on the left side of the mag that hits a tab molded inside the frame. This prevents the 9mm polymer mags from being over inserted and is what stops the mags when being inserted, not the baseplate. The new jet funnel mag baseplates never touch the frame even when fully inserted (there's still like a half mm gap).
    The molded tab you described is the ejector. The extractor is located in the slide, not the frame, and I did say "ejector", not "extractor" in my reply above. Repeated insertions of magazines that are not designed for a specific gun, as in the case of using 18-rd JF mags in a USP frame without the JF will eventually wear out (or cause damages) to the ejector. Once the ejector is damaged, the frame is toasted. So, no, it is not bad data carried over.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links