P2000 Hammer Options

Thread: P2000 Hammer Options

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default P2000 Hammer Options

I only see V3s with spur hammer and V2s (LEM) with bobbed hammer.

My question: is there a V3 with bobbed hammer option? Or is that something that the owner would have to change with after-market parts?

Thanks in advance.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)

No bobbed hammer option for DA/SA variant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks again for confirming. Is there an explanation to HK’s decision to bob the USPc DA/SA hammer but not the P2000 DA/SA hammer?

I’m trying to see if I’m missing something here. I’m also wondering if there is a path to do it after-market.

/cheers

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I have both DA/SA USP9c-Bob/P2000-Spur, I prefer them as-issued.
    I presume the USP9c is bobbed so you can carry it Cond-1, P2000 is carried hammer down Cond-2.
    You can 'properly' convert a USP9c to spur, I'm not sure if the P2000 LEM hammer is compatible with the DA/SA. It seems many like the USP9c-Spur conversion and I have yet to read a P2000-Bob (if it's even possible).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks again for the continued input.

I reattempted my forum search skills and found the following thread...
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handg.../topics/217262

Excerpt provided by a forum member at the time indicates there is or once was a bobbed hammer for P-series V3 (not LEM): part number is 207036 and is part #33.3. He also mentioned that the V6 and part were only available outside the US.

I Google searched the part number and confirmed that HK did at one time produce the bobbed hammer for non-LEM

/cheers

Edit: after rereading that old thread and the part description, it looks like that hammer will not work on a DA/SA P2000 or SK.
    Last edited by Exemplar; 10-07-2019 at 01:33 AM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Exemplar View Post
    Thanks again for the continued input.

I reattempted my forum search skills and found the following thread...
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handg.../topics/217262

Excerpt provided by a forum member at the time indicates there is or once was a bobbed hammer for P-series V3 (not LEM): part number is 207036 and is part #33.3. He also mentioned that the V6 and part were only available outside the US.

I Google searched the part number and confirmed that HK did at one time produce the bobbed hammer for non-LEM

/cheers

Edit: after rereading that old thread and the part description, it looks like that hammer will not work on a DA/SA P2000 or SK.
    That post was mine and it was a mistake on my part. That bobbed hammer is actually not a DA/SA hammer but a DAO hammer and known as V6. I should fix that post.

There is no DA/SA bobbed hammer for a P-series pistol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, as soon as I caught that I made the edit to the latest post. For a short moment I was a bit excited for another P2000 option.

I suppose the only way would be to have a gunsmith (who is willing) or a machinist remove the spur from the original hammer. And I’m not sure if anyone has previously posted the results of such an activity...

Sponsored Links