USP 45
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: USP 45

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default USP 45

USP 45
    I've got bout 4200 rnds through her and she's just 9 months old bought new!! Absolutely Great Gun!!!wondering bout Remington umc ammo in general she's having a few fte's?Rem seems to run very dirty!! Any thoughts out there???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Im not a fan of that ammo or in general any remmingtion amo. It would always cause malfunctions. I only use S&B full time now. I have about 7k through the Mark 23 and 5K through my usp 45. The usp is older but i prefer shooting the Mark 23 more.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I've had the same experience with Remington UMC ammo in my USP45. Ditto for CCI Blazer Brass (more reliable but way dirtier than Remington). IMHO, brands that are far better than Remington:

1) Federal Range, Target, Practice (RTP) ammo {by far the best I've used}
    2) Speer Lawman
    2) Sellier and Bellot
    3) PMC Bronze

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I've had the same experience with Remington UMC ammo in my USP45. Ditto for CCI Blazer Brass (but way dirtier than Remington). IMHO, brands that are far better than Remington:

2) Speer Lawman
    2) Sellier and Bellot
    3) PMC Bronze
    Last edited by Vincent04; 10-10-2019 at 11:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have 1000 rounds through my BK prodction USP45 which I bought brand new 2 months ago. I first ran this really unknown dirt ammo called maxxtech which was really out of spec. It shot but I did indeed have some ftf (not going into battery). When I removed the barrel I would drop the maxxtech ammo into the chamber it would not turn loosely at all and when I turned the barrel underside down the round would not drop freely. My luck with Remington has been far superior. The ammo is way better quality, a lot cleaner and zero malfunctions. I tend to buy all my ammo in bulk purchases so next I plan on trying Sellier and Bellot which everyone seems to say positive things about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The last box of UMC I bought (years ago) had cartridges with bullets seated at different depths and with some cases crimped so weakly that bullets spun freely in the casing. Needless to say, I didn’t shoot any of it.

Doesn’t sound like they’ve improved much since then, either.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

What this guy wrote is my experience also. Although I like Speer a little better, only because Federal offers so many different bulk types. Some .45 with small size primers and some aluminum case. Otherwise Federal makes the best usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent04 View Post
    I've had the same experience with Remington UMC ammo in my USP45. Ditto for CCI Blazer Brass (more reliable but way dirtier than Remington). IMHO, brands that are far better than Remington:

2) Speer Lawman
    2) Sellier and Bellot
    3) PMC Bronze

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

My modernized USPs, aka HK45 full size and compacts, run anything I feed them. That said, UMC I find to be relatively poor quality compared to what I usually shoot (whichever is cheapest at the time), which has never failed, not even once....

S&B, Fiocchi, Geco/Ruag, Blazer Brass, Lawman, Federal AE

The Speer Lawman and Federal AE are generally more expensive than the euro brands, and do nothing better than the less expensive brands.

I don't pay lot of attention to 'dirtiness' of a specific ammo brand. I'm able to run thousands of rounds without cleaning nor fail, so 'dirtiness' not really a factor to me.
    VP9 - times 4
    VP9SK
    P30 v3
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Burstco View Post
    wondering bout Remington umc ammo in general she's having a few fte's?Rem seems to run very dirty!!
    Remington UMC is the worst ammo money can buy that I'm aware of. This is the only regulated country in the world that I know of which will allow such low quality, inconsistent ammo to be sold. I have found UMC COALs to be below the SAMMI minimum in multiple calibers. This is likely because they are cheap and stingy with the powder, the least expensive component of the munition.

If you've ever had a baffle strike with factory ammo, you will never trust anything but handloads again. The world of experience and control that make up the world of recreational shooting and hunting more than double in scale overnight when you dictate the action when the trigger is pulled, as opposed to merely choosing and assembling a platform of someone else's creation to host it.
    Last edited by Disregarded9-side; 10-16-2019 at 12:37 AM.
    AustinTX likes this.
    2 + 2 = 4, whether you know how to count or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Disregarded9-side View Post
    Remington UMC is the worst ammo money can buy that I'm aware of.
    What about Remington Range ammo? I got a good deal on .45 last weekend and bought almost $200 worth....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links