Why isn't there an Optics Ready VP9 in the US yet?
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Why isn't there an Optics Ready VP9 in the US yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Why isn't there an Optics Ready VP9 in the US yet?

Hello, new to the forums but not at all new to HK handguns and guns in general. I own everything from an '84 P7M8, USP series all the way to an HK45C that is my bedside table gun and cold weather carry.

I was just wondering if anyone had any insights as to why HK is coming to the optics ready market sooooo late. IWI, Sig, FN, Glock, smith & clinton and selloutfield have all got models that are optics ready, why not HK?

I don't think there is a patent in the way. The mounting system looks markedly similar to what everyone else uses besides FN. So what gives?

I really, really want a VP9 with a factory optics cut.
    svddragunov likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScruffyUSP View Post
    IWI, Sig, FN, Glock, smith & clinton and selloutfield have all got models that are optics ready, why not HK?
    Because HK does not do civilian toys.
    They don't even have a US full-gun VP9L.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ScruffyUSP View Post
    IWI, Sig, FN, Glock, smith & clinton and selloutfield have all got models that are optics ready, why not HK?
    Because HK does not do civilian toys.
    They don't even have a US full-gun VP9L.
    While it's tempting to always fall back on the "HK:we hate you" memes I don't agree at all. They don't have to sell the MR556 or MR762 at all. And at 3k a pop they can't sell too many but they remain offering us good stuff unlike colt which lost their own good name and market share.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

They also sell the G28 to civies for $12K, if you’re going to buy a 911-GT3 I doubt price is an issue. The 416/417 platform is world-entrenched, strip some features – a $3K civie MR556/762 makes (good business) sense.
    But staying within the pistol apples market, it remains if HK will release the SFP9-OR in the US.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

HK never seems to jump into anything but rather study it for a while and come out with a good product. They usually don't have issues with their products or refine them through the beta testing public.
    Chui and No.body like this.
    HK - No Compromise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They also sell the G28 to civies for $12K, if you’re going to buy a 911-GT3 I doubt price is an issue. The 416/417 platform is world-entrenched, strip some features – a $3K civie MR556/762 makes (good business) sense.
    But staying within the pistol apples market, it remains if HK will release the SFP9-OR in the US.
    +1
    [IMG]https://**********/assets/95/g.png[/IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

+1[IMG]https://**********/assets/95/g.png[/IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It remains to be seen if they won't release a feature in demand on a model of one of their most popular handguns they have ever made? Sounds like the kind of genius decisions that have let HK bleed money left and right. I love that company's products but why they let Walther beat them to the PPS, Sig best them utterly on the 365 and will literally be the LAST company to get optics ready for the US market is beyond me.

I would honestly place blame on complacency and what is likely an elitist echo chamber corporate culture where everyone is afraid to disagree and they are so entrenched on past successes and their amazing reputation that they are not thinking creatively and aggressively enough. Lol, if those 90's AW ban supporting losers at ruger beat them to an optics ready service model it will be literally everyone at that point. That's a disgrace. At this rate hipoint will get an optics ready handgun out before HK. The turkish company Canik had an optics ready model in 2017.

6 years developing the VP9 and it's a delight, now they don't want to keep it updated for the US market? A market which buys a LOT of handguns?

My favorite company in the world but even I have to admit they are making bad decisions and losing ground.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

HK doesnt cater to the US market. They make guns for government contracts, they could care less for the measly civilian market share...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Freak View Post
    HK doesnt cater to the US market. They make guns for government contracts, they could care less for the measly civilian market share...

This.

Given the plethora of precision machine shops that will mill your VP9 slide to your preferred optics cut, if you want optics on your VP9 so bad, just send it out! After much research, I chose J&L Machining Works to mill my VP9 Tactical slide. They are reasonably priced, provided a cerakoat option, will mount supressor hight sights for co-witnessing if you need that.
    My VP9 Tactical came with supressor sights, but I opted for the Magpul FDE Cerakoating. From the day I sent out my slide and optics, to the day I got everything back was just a little over 2 weeks, although that could change based on work load.

https://jlmachiningworks.com/product-category/hk/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why isn't there an Optics Ready VP9 in the US yet?-20190909_142052_1570894470127.jpg  
    Freak and sparkey02 like this.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links