P7M8 IE Date Code "Made in Germany" - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: P7M8 IE Date Code "Made in Germany"

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

I believe that the Chantilly and Sterling imports will have "MADE IN W-GERMANY"!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    I believe that the Chantilly and Sterling imports will have "MADE IN W-GERMANY"!!!

Tony
    Thanks, AGG. You restated my problem. You see, mine is a Chantilly import, made in 1984 (IE date code), but with "Made in Germany" with no "W". That was exactly what was confusing to me. Brobus answered why in his post above. Cheers and thanks for reading.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CommO View Post
    Thanks, AGG. You restated my problem. You see, mine is a Chantilly import, made in 1984 (IE date code), but with "Made in Germany" with no "W". That was exactly what was confusing to me. Brobus answered why in his post above. Cheers and thanks for reading.
    Correct--- should have stated "later" Chantilly imports!!!
    @Brobus is the P7 expert.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brobus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CommO View Post
    Thanks for your reply, Brobus. I have "N" proof marks on both the frame and slide.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Thank you for the pics. The reason why it says “made in Germany” instead of W Germany is because that is a very early P7M8. It has the same markings as the ID (1983) P7M8s. Very few IE (1984) P7M8s have those markings. Notice how the “Chantilly VA” and the “P7M8” on the top slide are pushed forward almost to the end of the slide. The later ones were back further and had “W Germany” until the mid 90s. I also like how the “N” or nitro proof marks are in a straight line unlike some of the others.
    Very cool! Now I know who to ask if I have any uncommon P7 questions down the line.

By the way, what was the first year of P7M13 production? I’ve seen conflicting info online. Any idea of how many were produced that year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a 1984 P7M8 with an lower serial # (842xx) than the OP's but it says "W GERMANY"

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by papulski View Post
    I have a 1984 P7M8 with an lower serial # (842xx) than the OP's but it says "W GERMANY"

Keep in mind that the M series was started for for the American market. There are two different serial ranges, American and European. If that’s not confusing enough, some of the European pistols have Chantilly and Sterling import marks. It basically bikes down to what parts were available that day and there are some small variations between certain parts. The first year of the M13 was IE (1984) with serial 71101. The serial range was later split on that model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the info!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brobus View Post
    The first year of the M13 was IE (1984) with serial 71101. The serial range was later split on that model.
    Thanks! I had previously thought IE was the first year of the M8 as well. I think I’ve seen them (incorrectly) advertised that way on GB, but I could just be thinking of M13s.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by papulski View Post
    Did a little research (will be added to the data going forward)--- it appears that the 1984 (IE) P7M8's could have "MADE IN GERMANY" or "MADE IN W-GERMANY"--- they are interspersed during this year!!!

Tony
    AustinTX likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links