HK45 v1 Compact vs HK45 v7 Compact to safety or not - Page 2

Poll: HK45 V1 COMPACT OR HK45 V7 COMPACT

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: HK45 v1 Compact vs HK45 v7 Compact to safety or not

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent04 View Post
    Can't you have the safety removed?
    Not on a P30 series. But the OP's gun in questions is a HK45 so you can add or remove the safety at will
    professor chuck likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I like the V7 or the p2000 V1 GG short reset same trigger press every time. It is what I have gotten used to. All I have to remember is to have my thumb on the hammer when reholstering. That is my safety.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So much input, it helped me decide what I should get and I appreciate all the advice. Thank You!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unfortunately not, can't get a replacement frame or anything.. you are stuck with what you buy with the P30..

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    Not on a P30 series. But the OP's gun in questions is a HK45 so you can add or remove the safety at will
    Wow so with the hk45 you can remove or add the safety?? I did not know that about those, figured it would be like the P30..

Quote Originally Posted by professor chuck View Post
    So much input, it helped me decide what I should get and I appreciate all the advice. Thank You!
    What did you decide on? I wasn't aware you could choose to take it off with the HK45.. 🤷‍♂️

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

With the HK45 AND the USP line you can make all sorts of changes to the safety system

All you need to do is get the parts that make up what you want either of those two systems to be. Then either you put them in OR have a qualified gunsmith install them for you. It's literally that easy

If you want to do it yourself, You Tube is your friend. If you DIY, there is a TRS pair of pliers that makes that part of the job very quick and easy and it's not that expensive (under$50).
    Last edited by wallew; 10-16-2019 at 03:00 PM.
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I decided to go with the V7. Probably easier to add a safety if I ever wanted than to change the trigger to a LEM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i vote : HK V1 SAFETY PREFERRED

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I decided to go with the V7. Probably easier to add a safety if I ever wanted than to change the trigger to a LEM.
    It’s not like HK has the LEM DA/SA V1/V3 terminology consistent through the lineup.
    Isn’t the V7 (already) LEM?
    And LEM has a safety = the long trigger.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzz View Post
    ...Isn’t the V7 (already) LEM? And LEM has a safety = the long trigger.
    Yes (heavy LEM), and Yes (the take-up).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Recently bought hk45c

I was planning on getting a new conceal carry and decided on HK. While looking I found 2 different ones at 45 cal. There are their differences and a lot of people go on and on about the LEM trigger. So, I will not get into that. I am having a trouble deciding which one to choose. I know HK and I will be happy with either but want help on some of the things holding me back. One has a thumb or side safety (V1), the other does not (V7) Read how if it is for conceal it might hinder having a safety on when needed most. in other words why bother with the safety. Are their any other advantages to not having the safety. I wish the LEM trigger didn't come into play but I know it will. Having the trigger is worth having no safety? Who knows. Worry about accidents that shouldn't happen, happing. I am rambling but I hope you guys or gals can help this guy out. I am still very new to the world of guns and any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much for any advice.
    I count myself as a reasonably experienced range shooter. I recently bought the 45c variant 7. I found it difficult to understand the different variants and finally contacted hk for clarification. It has a da/as with a light da pull and a very light sa pull around 4 lbs. no mechanical safety. Like most guns with no mechanical safety the double action is sort of the safety, but here it is still a relatively light pull.
    I also have the fuller size hk45 with safety, which I prefer. Cocked and locked with safety on, its not that hard to remember to disengage the safety. The 45c is also not a compact gun. If that’s an important feature look at the hkp30sk. Great gun and much smaller.
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by badger3314; 10-18-2019 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Typos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links