HK45 v1 Compact vs HK45 v7 Compact to safety or not

Poll: HK45 V1 COMPACT OR HK45 V7 COMPACT

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: HK45 v1 Compact vs HK45 v7 Compact to safety or not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK45 v1 Compact vs HK45 v7 Compact to safety or not

I was planning on getting a new conceal carry and decided on HK. While looking I found 2 different ones at 45 cal. There are their differences and a lot of people go on and on about the LEM trigger. So, I will not get into that. I am having a trouble deciding which one to choose. I know HK and I will be happy with either but want help on some of the things holding me back. One has a thumb or side safety (V1), the other does not (V7) Read how if it is for conceal it might hinder having a safety on when needed most. in other words why bother with the safety. Are their any other advantages to not having the safety. I wish the LEM trigger didn't come into play but I know it will. Having the trigger is worth having no safety? Who knows. Worry about accidents that shouldn't happen, happing. I am rambling but I hope you guys or gals can help this guy out. I am still very new to the world of guns and any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much for any advice.
    JCC likes this.

JCC
    Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

There are safety features on the gun beyond the safety. It takes additional training to switch the safety off or make sure it is off with each draw. My opinion is get the one without the safety. That is what I want when I get my HK 45CT.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    HK P9S 9mm
    HK USP9C
    HK P30 SK V3 TRU DOT
    HK VP9 SK TRU DOT

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by professor chuck View Post
    I am still very new to the world of guns...
    And what is that exactly, what other guns/training do you have (or is this your first)?
    V1/V7 are not even the same apples, decide on the trigger then the safety is moot. LEM/DA-SA, the safety is between your ears.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzz View Post
    ....decide on the trigger then the safety is moot. LEM/DA-SA, the safety is between your ears.
    What GasGuzz said +1. To the OP, if you choose safety over the trigger system, chances are you'll get a trigger you won't like.
    professor chuck likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)

You can have LEM and the safety if you so choose, OP. I am not going to get into the why-safety discussions but just know that you have options.

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

And I'm swapping out the V7 for a V1 that has no safety. I'll be adding a set of AMBI safety levers.

This is on both my Experts, but it's the same as a compact (which I also own) except the ambi safety lever on the compact is slightly different that the full size ambi lever.

You should consider a safety, as it gives you one more decision to make before you pull the trigger. Sometimes you might react to your situation, only to find that you did not need to fire. Having that moment that you physically flip that safety lever, might cause you to not fire your weapon because your situation has changed or 'become clearer' to you.

just my .02
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would highly recommend NOT getting the manual safety.. I ordered my P30SK with the manual safety and it literally ruined the gun for me! I loved everything about but could not deal with the safety digging into my thumb every shot.. I have a few thousand rounds through the gun and haven't gotten over it, I'm selling the gun because of it..

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wallew View Post
    You should consider a safety, as it gives you one more decision to make before you pull the trigger. Sometimes you might react to your situation, only to find that you did not need to fire. Having that moment that you physically flip that safety lever, might cause you to not fire your weapon because your situation has changed or 'become clearer' to you.
    I believe a DA trigger gives you that very same opportunity without the worry of "oh no my gun didn't shot because the safety is on and I never practice turning it off" which was one of my fears..

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boyerj56 View Post
    I would highly recommend NOT getting the manual safety.. I ordered my P30SK with the manual safety and it literally ruined the gun for me! I loved everything about but could not deal with the safety digging into my thumb every shot.. I have a few thousand rounds through the gun and haven't gotten over it, I'm selling the gun because of it..
    Can't you have the safety removed?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

IIRC, the axle/frame is different from the Std/Non-S P30/P30SK. So no, unless you (literally) hack the lever. Not to confuse the OP, the DA/SA P30/P30SK is available in either S/Non-S. The HK45c can be had with Decocker-Only/No-Safety, but the lever will still be there.

I have no handling problem with my DA/SA P30S/P30SKS nor USP9c, with their distinct safety differences. But then again, I also have (SA/Safety) 1911’s. The safety is always off when drawn, then engaged/on when the threat is resolved.
    wallew likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links