P2000sk or P30sk
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: P2000sk or P30sk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default P2000sk or P30sk

I’m looking at getting an hk for my next firearm. I’m deciding between these 2. I thought about a Vp9sk but I really want to get a hammer fired da/sa so I can train and be more proficient with multiple platforms. Although i may get an LEM variant as they seem to be highly praised. My question is, is their a better option between the 2? From what I’ve read the p2000sk is built more like the usp so most likely overbuilt (a good thing)

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

It is all personal preference. I tried both and bought the P30SK LEM and love it. HK also makes 13 and 15 round magazines for the P30SK/VP9SK that come ready to go with extender and look great and work great. HK does not do that with the P2000SK though you can get aftermarket X-Grip ones.

https://grabagun.com/heckler-and-koc...-9mm-13rd.html

Last edited by grumpy1; 10-16-2019 at 06:13 PM.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    ― Thomas Jefferson

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I have these DA/SA:
    USP9c = P2000 without S/D lever + backstrap = P30/P30SK keeps D button + side/back panels... they’re essentially the same lineage. Ok the USP looks like (feels like) a tank but I cannot detect a quality difference, the internet needs to stop posting otherwise.

Having a P2000, I went with the next-gen P30SK for an SC. The P30SK also has the native 13/15 rd mags (wait for it also fits the P2000SK posts).

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Simple. When one cannot decide, one shall get both. In for a penny, in for a pound.

Three letters, LEM. Now that that is out of the way....In all seriousness, you can’t go wrong with either and both are more accurate than I. They do feel different in the hand to me so get your paws on them if possible to decide what feels best to you. My rotation has been a USPc/P2000SK for a good while now. Nothing against the P30SK it is a fantastic firearm right along with the others, it’s just what I do. As to the overbuilt statement, they’re HK, they all are, no worries there.

As stated by others, you get interchangeable side panels and backstraps with the P30SK, only interchangeable backstraps on the P2000SK if that matters to you. P30SK has factory 13 and 15 round mags available, P2000SK you have to use the X-Grip sleeve. Both good as spares/backups in my mind but CCW I use the flush fit flat floorplate. Standard 1913 rail on the P30SK, not on the P2000SK, makes no difference to me as I don’t run a light on those pistols.

I think the P2000SK is the most unsung/overlooked gun in the HK lineup and is one of my favorites. YMMV. Good luck in the search.....(and get both, in LEM) Just my opinion and worth less than what you paid for it!
    ”What do you want to discuss now, my favorite color?”–Col. Nathan R. Jessup

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

vs. VP9SK/P30SK in your OP, the P2000SK can be in 40/357 – if you can find one.
    HK12Step and hvrnaut like this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

^^Excellent point.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

HK12... it looks like, is that a .357 slide in your pic?
    If I can get a BNIB .357 slide/gun there’s no question, it would be a blast - literally.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzz View Post
    HK12... it looks like, is that a .357 slide in your pic?
    If I can get a BNIB .357 slide/gun there’s no question, it would be a blast - literally.
    Yes sir! HIGHLY recommended

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My p30sk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P2000sk or P30sk-img_20191008_132310_078_1571253052676.jpg  

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have all three SK ‘s. P30sk, p2000sk and Vp9sk. All three are great. I personally prefer to carry the p2000sk and feel it’s slightly better built than the other two. Don’t get me wrong, the other two are superbly built and great firearms! I enjoy the Vp9sk for range use over the other two. For what it’s worth I have the Vp9sk on me right now. I rotate them quite often (yes I train with all three).

So, for carry and everyday use I prefer them in this order.
    1). P2000sk. (9mm V2 LEM)
    2). P30sk (9mm V1 light LEM)
    3). VP9SK

The 13 round magazine in use on the p30sk and Vp9sk is fantastic BTW. I usually carry a spare p2000 magazine with the x-grip for back up when I carry the p2000sk.

I really like the fact the P2sk and P30sk can share the same magazines. You can easily purchase a p30sk and Vp9sk right now brand new. The p2000sk has been “out of stock”-new for over a year now. But HK CS says a shipment of these “should” be on the way the end of this month. I’ve had one ordered in .40 since last December. Hope that thing will actually show up by the end of the month!!
    Last edited by Jslow; 10-16-2019 at 11:15 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links