first parts to break on VP9 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: first parts to break on VP9

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

James, or Marine0303, told me the springs on your pistol are the most important part to keep maintained. What HK told you is the same thing.

I am surprised if HK would just send a spring out. The VP9 is not the easiest pistol to maintain and HK would have no confidence that the owner would make the repair correctly.
    HK - No Compromise

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)

Don’t mention the trigger bar spring. Some people read an (misinformed) article and believe the part failure is all the users fault.
    SCPK likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I'll let you know if/when my breaks, I'm over 25K rounds and still being an energizer bunny. I haven't noticed any change in trigger feel yet, so time will tell.

If/when something breaks, I'll just call HK CS, get RMA and send to them for a tune-up, I'm not a shade tree mechanic for cars nor guns (except ARs)
    PorterM and Vincent04 like this.
    VP9 - times 4
    VP9SK
    P30 v3
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I feel like 25k rounds and needing a few springs is more than fair for any pistol... glad your VP9 is going strong despite needing a couple springs!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PorterM View Post
    I feel like 25k rounds and needing a few springs is more than fair for any pistol... glad your VP9 is going strong despite needing a couple springs!
    totally agree! No complaints here. My VP9 is semi-legendary at my shooting club for the amount of wear and tear it has endured!

VP9 is also the unofficial official rental gun at the club, so they appreciate what it is
    PorterM likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cc561 View Post
    Interesting to know. HK sending you the spring for free, or did you have to buy it?

Also did the gun work fine then not work fine or was there a slow decline?
    they told me to call which I haven't done yet. too busy with work travel. I offered to buy it over email and sounded like they'll take me up on that. this doesn't strike me as a warranty issue - normal wear and tear.

Pretty rapid failure. Failed, then was fine for a few rounds then failed again fine for a couple of rounds and then every time. This unfolded over about 30 mins

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    James, or Marine0303, told me the springs on your pistol are the most important part to keep maintained. What HK told you is the same thing.

I am surprised if HK would just send a spring out. The VP9 is not the easiest pistol to maintain and HK would have no confidence that the owner would make the repair correctly.
    I'd like to think I inspire confidence in HK ; ) I mean other than that time I sent a gun back because it was constantly shooting low left, we've been on great terms

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's good to here about these high round counts with these guns and not a lot of problems. Definitely helps build confidence in the platform.
    PorterM likes this.
    Watch & Pray

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

~9-10k rounds through my EDC VP9sk. Never has gave me issues and nothing has broken. Only problem I have with it is its hunger for ammunition, always wants more ;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links