BK built USP quality - changes - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: BK built USP quality - changes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One last comment from the peanut gallery, both BKs were entirely BONE dry, no copperish cosmoline in the slide or frame, and I fully disassembled the trigger groups (one to see if I could get the trigger less gritty, and the other for the LEM conversion) and both stock trigger groups were completely dry. Usually, when I do a trigger disassembly, I notice a blackish grease on the trigger parts from the factory (catch, sear, hammer, strut, etc.). Again, bone dry on both BKs.
    "AHH BUCKLE THIS! LUDICROUS SPEED! GO!!!"

-HK Mark 23, HK USP .45 Tactical, HK USP .45, HK USP 45 Compact SS Slide, HK USP .45 Compact, HK USP .40, HK USP .40 Compact, HK USP 9, HK USP 9 Compact, HK45c, HK P30 .40, HK P2000 9, HK P2000SK LEM V2 .40, HK P30SKS, HK VP9 LE, HK VP40 LE

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

For what its worth, my BK FDE USP's slide fit is just as good as my AE P8. Can't comment on finish between the two, because that P8 is quite worn. The finish does seem a bit less of a quality on the FDE compared to my BH USP, and my BH P8A1s, though.
    Own: HK91, G36k, HK416, P30L, USP SD
    Future: HK243? Assuming HK grants my wish.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Just shoot it already and see if the finish falls off.
    sickness likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuntherRommel View Post
    Just shoot it already and see if the finish falls off.
    Will do and report 😉

The whole reason I felt compelled to discuss this was not to bitch, but that we all know other co's have cut corners over the years in construction methods and build quality for sake of margins (Glock, Beretta, SW revolvers, etc.). One thing I have always admired about Hk is they take the Rolex approach to things, which is make what they want, when they want, and as many or as little at a time as they want. I've always been ok with this and the price because in return, I got a consistent, no compromise HK pistol in return. Moreso, the USP is my "gun" . Yes, I have many other brands over the years, but I have always returned to the USP platform for its relentless reliability and boring, almost stoggy adherence to consistency in manufacture. After 12 years, and more USPs that I wish to count, I just now, for the first time, noticed something different that might suggest a modicum of corner cutting. And does it matter? Not today, I'm keeping the FDE one, but I fear of what may come to keep margins nice and fat down the line.

What else we gon' talk about anyway on this forum! The guns are so damn great we gotta gripe about nuancical details.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Nice, KG and AE are my favorite years but I take what I can get....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just received a NOS BI date code USPc .45 and the finish is identical to your BK. I only paid 504.00 for it so I’m happy.
    THE ABOVE POST IS MEANT MERELY AS THE OPINION OF THE POSTER AND IN NO WAY IS IT TO BE CONSTRUED TO BE OFFICIAL POLICY, PROCEDURE OR REGULATION OF THE POSTER'S EMPLOYER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Natty_Bumppo View Post
    I just received a NOS BI date code USPc .45 and the finish is identical to your BK. I only paid 504.00 for it so I’m happy.
    I've seen very few BI usps out there. I'd love to know HK production numbers by date code / model line.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Natty_Bumppo View Post
    I just bought a HK45c online that was bought new last year, for $525 shipped, supposedly has about 150-250 rnds on it. I don’t think I did bad, My plan is to put some Dawson sights on it,( black rears, fiber optic front) and whenever HKUSA gets some LEM kits in, convert it to LEM. Should go well with my AH dated USPc 45 LEM...

igs
    Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Here's the finish on a BI for comparison.

BK built USP quality - changes-bi.jpg

PC7
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by igs View Post
    Here's the finish on a BI for comparison.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bi.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	808.5 KB 
ID:	244946
    Looks great!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links