BK built USP quality - changes - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: BK built USP quality - changes

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ygbsm View Post
    ... along with the date code, serial number, and other lettering on the slide. Thanks!
    The DE build has these, unless yours is a US build (which won't have it).

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

has anyone seen any new production usp45 tacticals yet?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Chiming in - just picked up a BK USP Expert in 9mm yesterday.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by d5k_deutsche View Post
    has anyone seen any new production usp45 tacticals yet?
    I was just on Bud's and they have them listed for $1143 cash price.

I picked up my FDE USP9 a few weeks ago. The changes from my 2013 USP9 don't bother me. The quality is still excellent, frame to slide is rock solid. I added a match trigger and a V3+4 detent plate and it's ready to go.
    Last edited by mbinkyusp; 01-31-2020 at 11:12 AM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

A question for users who have been around a while - would it be appropriate to post in the HK Customer Service forum a (polite) request for an explanation of the differences (the "what," and possibly the "why") in finish, marking, et cetera between BK-code USP's and those prior to BK?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I called HK CS, and after some email exchanges with photographs, got an RMA for my new (owned less than 24hrs) BK date USP Expert - there were a fair amount of imperfections on the slide.

Went down to the local FedEx shop and it will be with HK tomorrow.

Depending on how things go, I'll post a thread documenting the before/after in the CS thread.

There were multiple nicks and scrapes; two of the worst offending characteristics were (1) the finish on the front sight itself was about 30% gone, and (2) the areas below each side of the front sight dovetail had very significant marking of an indeterminate nature, I'm betting an errant punch.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drace View Post
    A question for users who have been around a while - would it be appropriate to post in the HK Customer Service forum a (polite) request for an explanation of the differences (the "what," and possibly the "why") in finish, marking, et cetera between BK-code USP's and those prior to BK?
    Nothing wrong with that. Go for it!!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drace View Post
    I called HK CS, and after some email exchanges with photographs, got an RMA for my new (owned less than 24hrs) BK date USP Expert - there were a fair amount of imperfections on the slide.

Depending on how things go, I'll post a thread documenting the before/after in the CS thread.

There were multiple nicks and scrapes; two of the worst offending characteristics were (1) the finish on the front sight itself was about 30% gone, and (2) the areas below each side of the front sight dovetail had very significant marking of an indeterminate nature, I'm betting an errant punch.
    For a USP9 Expert, that is unacceptable. Really sorry this happened to you. HK CS should make things right for you. Please keep us posted.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Burger King makes HKs now?

Just kidding. Thanks to those who posted about this. While it’s not great, it wouldn’t stop be from buying a new HK pistol if I was in the market for one, though I generally shop used anyways.
    Hidden Content
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have been seeing a slow but steady decline in HK quality for a long time. You should look at a mid 1980s P7 and compare it to the last examples coming off the line. The USP has seen a similar decline. Hell, at one point it looked like they hand carved the "USP" in the grip mold. I have a friend who has one of the recent HK45s and it looks pretty mediocre compared to the earlier models. On the other had, the earlier models were more expensive, so I was hoping they were just abandoning some of the finishing practices that drove up labor costs without adding any real practical value.
    Boy, if you try and pee out a forrest fire all you are going to get is a burnt pecker.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links