BK built USP quality - changes - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: BK built USP quality - changes

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I’ve got 2 HK 45c’s, one a U.S. made gun with none of the usual markings found on the slide, the other is a HK45ct, BD dated, comparing the two side by side, the only major difference I see, is that the BD dated gun does have the horizontal lines, I’m guessing my USP’s may have them as well, But I don’t really care, the HK45 is my EDC , I installed a LEM kit into it changed the sights to Dawson’s I did have to swap out the front sight as the gun kept shooting low, and since I have 3 other LEM guns to compare it against, I made a call to Dawson’s, and they quickly sent me out a lower front sight which resolved the problem very nicely.. The finish on the HK 45 is holding up well, if I remember correctly the slides across the board, have a “hostile environment” finish, which is another term for black nitriding. The black oxide finish will probably wear if you carry the gun alot, that’s not a problem as the slide is still protected. I’ve been carrying my HK45 since last June, and have no issues with the slides finish..after getting the sights sorted, the gun is stupid accurate. My biggest issue now is, at 65, my eyesight is giving me problems, at 15yds ( far as I can go at the indoor range Iuse)and farther, the front sight is fuzzy, and I’m guessing where it is on the target. My eye doctor tells my I probably have a cataract starting in my left eye, the eye I sight with (I’m left eye dominant) So, to counter this, I bought aGlock G45, MOS, and a Trijicon RMR, going to a Red Dot made an instant improvement.. 15yds,is no longer difficult, and I suspect farther won’t be that difficult. If HK made a 45c with a optic ready slide, I’d buy it tomorrow.
    Last edited by ralphhh; 02-01-2020 at 04:30 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My BK USP9 is identical to my BI USPT in terms of fit and finish. I used to have a BE or BF USP9SD and I don't recall that being appreciably different from the two I have now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Aquired a BK date code USP9 from Eurooptic back in June 2019, we have put a total of 1950rds of 115gr CCI Blazer, PMC and WWB thru it w no stoppages. I can attest like others the slide finish is more flat and doesn't have the horizontal striations of the older models which is a little disappointing as I liked that finish alot. A few month after getting it I placed it on the floorboard of my car as I was going into a post office. When getting back in my car without thinking I threw my belt off the front seat onto the floor board and immediatly heard that terrifying sound of metal on metal, it left a nasty mark on the slide, I thought it was a scratch but after alot of scrubbing it was just a metal transfer from the buckle and it eventually all came off. The slide finish may not be as resilient as the previous years, time will tell, but it's definitely not a bad finish as that would have scratched a cheaper one. For the fit I do own a KH date code USP to compare it to and racking the slide out of the box it was a little rougher than my KH but after a few hundred rounds it smoothed out is now very fluid, when racking the slides side by side there is no discernible difference w my KH. Can't speak for other ppls individual gun but aside from the slide finish I hv no immediate concerns about the reliability or durability of the BK date code USP I received. If I do run into any issues in the future I will give a detailed update as I (like most ppl on here) hold the USP to a high standard and any compromise to operational quality is unacceptable.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Left4Dead View Post
    ...I thought it was a scratch but after alot of scrubbing it was just a metal transfer from the buckle and it eventually all came off.
    What did you use aside from elbow grease?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I used a firm nylon brush w some solvent and then a little Mobil1 and on a hand towel w alot of pressure to finish off what was visible. Took about an hour or more of scrubbing. Was there a better/faster way? Pobably haha, but that's all I could think of at the time.
    drace likes this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Sponsored Links