HK P30LS Upgrades?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sickness

Thread: HK P30LS Upgrades?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK P30LS Upgrades?

Hi there

I've been out of the gun scene for several years. Got busy and just lost track of all the new guns and the gun world in general.

My favorite handgun of all time is the P30LS. I love the way it feels in the hand, the reliability and the way it looks, however, like others I hated the trigger and it was the only thing I disliked about the gun. The VP9 craze came and went and I never really got into those, the triggers were better but the gun itself was just not my cup of tea, I tried it and I ended up selling it.

Has there been any upgrades to the trigger over the years? I know the P30 wasn't a very popular handgun so there wasn't as much after market support as say a Glock or a VP9. I know of one guy out there who was doing custom trigger upgrades for these but that was about it.

Looking forward to hearing about what you have done to yours!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Grey Guns short reset helps.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)

^^ what he said

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FrED650 View Post
    ...Has there been any upgrades to the trigger over the years?...
    From the HK factory, LEM (light or heavy), Match (improved DA/SA), and hybrid LEM/Match. However, the P30 series only have the LEM, and cannot accommodate the Match or LEM/Match.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Trigger work, short reset trigger...possibly different sights if the stock ones don't work for you.
    Bill
    triggerwork.net

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

LEM.

It's all a growing boy needs.
    WolfieRules likes this.
    Own: HK91, SR9, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, 2x P8A1, USP9, USP9 FDE
    Future: SP5 inbound

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Probably will need the 5.9mm front sight unless you shoot "covered dot" sight pictures.
    The CDA v4.1 LEM parts help with the reset if you prefer a DIY approach and don't mind LEM and don't want to pay for a reset job.
    If converting to v4.1, start with a P30Lv1 if possible (no safety and the 4.1 conversion will remove the decocker = less mechanical functionality on the pull).
    Match sear spring, light (worked for me) or medium (recommended by most) TRS, and lighter HS also potential upgrades.
    If you are a shooter who can work a partial trigger return after firing (enough to reset), the 4.1 will work very well for you.
    I really liked the P30LS control set but a P30L with 4.1, no safety and no decocker button would be my preference.
    Just one opinion.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fraternity View Post
    Probably will need the 5.9mm front sight unless you shoot "covered dot" sight pictures.
    The CDA v4.1 LEM parts help with the reset if you prefer a DIY approach and don't mind LEM and don't want to pay for a reset job.
    If converting to v4.1, start with a P30Lv1 if possible (no safety and the 4.1 conversion will remove the decocker = less mechanical functionality on the pull).
    Match sear spring, light (worked for me) or medium (recommended by most) TRS, and lighter HS also potential upgrades.
    If you are a shooter who can work a partial trigger return after firing (enough to reset), the 4.1 will work very well for you.
    I really liked the P30LS control set but a P30L with 4.1, no safety and no decocker button would be my preference.
    Just one opinion.
    The V4.1 doesn’t do anything for the reset. It reduces take up by a third.

The Grayguns SHORT RESET TRIGGER reduces RESET... hence the name.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mill it fOR an RMR
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp