HKPRO Forums banner

Guys with USP 9mm Expert come in

5K views 40 replies 18 participants last post by  31STMEUSOC 
#1 ·
So what do you guys think of them? I can't get over how good they look and I'm wondering if their performance backs up the look.

#4 ·
It is amazing. I have to second landseer. They are super accurate and I’ve had no issues or malfunctions (1500 rds). The only question now is the availability of one in 9mm. It took me forever to find one, but worth the time and effort. You won’t regret the purchase.

#7 ·
I have the 45acp one I was amazed at the recoil it felt like 9mm I was just blown away my only regret is there was 9mm expert next to it I should have gotten the new 9mm expert in the box and get this $800 out the door I was so fixated on the 45acp that I did not k ow two months ago how scarce they where. Once I shot my expert 45acp I went here read up on how hard it is to get one in 9mm so I immediately went back to the gun shop it was gone I drove home kicking myself I should have gotten the 9mm first then 45acp oh well live and burn. On the bright side every week I buy another 18rnd 9mm jet funnel mag so when I get the 9mm expert I will have the mags for it just in case some BS AWB comes around.

#11 ·
I had a usp and usp-t in 9 and 45 for a while and always thought the uspTs were great shooting guns. Then I found a deal on a 9 and 45 expert and OMG the difference is might and day. If u have the ability to get 1, I highly suggest it.

Now... I'm just trying to convince myself I need an Elite. Lol

#15 ·
A fantastic gun. I just got a BK date code with a Dawson Fiber Optic front sight. Fit and finish are great. However, the finish does look a bit different from the older guns I own. Amazing shooter.

I like the jet funnel. It gives you a little bit more to hold on to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#21 ·
Check out the Merkle Weight thread in the HKPRO group buy forum. MKbar responded in post 46 I think, but still looks like guys are frustrated. So, probably not going well. I got mine in a group buy in the spring of 2017 and MKbar helped coordinate that, so not sure what is going on now.

#22 ·
I was the one who distributed those weights for that GB but I don't think the one everyone is waiting for is going to happen. I would strongly suggest whoever is on that GB to file a claim with Paypal or your credit card asap. Or maybe it's too late to file one now considering how long that GB has been going for

#24 ·
The 9mm Expert is an incredibly accurate target pistol---if you get one you won't be disappointed. Mine does not have the jet funnel, however---at least in my hands---I don't feel as though I need it; the other advantage to "no jet funnel" being that the firearm uses regular USP magazines.

In terms of (slight) negatives, be advised that the grip is quite "aggressive" and inasmuch as it contains a double stack magazine, it results in a situation where I sometimes feel as though I'm holding onto a 2 x 4.

Nevertheless, rest assured-----the Expert is a premier target pistol, one which excels in both accuracy and reliability.

#25 ·
Absolutely my favorite handgun. I just crossed 15,000 through it and it’s been boringly reliable. Extremely accurate, even with cheaper ammo. Really likes 124’s, but shoots everything well.

Longest interval between cleanings was 4,500 rounds and it ran like a top. Just ordered a new recoil spring and will replace the O-Ring at that time as it doesn’t lock up well anymore.

I’ve had mine setup with the GG&G light rail adapted with a Streamlight TLR1 and a Dawson fiber optic front sight for the last 7,000-8,000 rounds. Nobody makes a holster for that combo, good thing I make my own.

Attachments

#29 ·
Awesome thanks for sharing that link, I have never heard of this company but I'm glad I know about them now, looks like they make a solid product and I will be looking to order me one in the near future for my expert as well. You think maybe you could do a review on it when you get it and use it for a little while?

#27 ·
Would anyone be able to tell me where USP Expert 9mm replacement recoil springs are available for purchase? My understanding is that the Expert captive recoil spring is different from that in a "regular" or "standard" USP, correct? Thanks!

#34 ·
One of the reasons I am going to them is they make it with level 2 retension also its universal so I can mount on Serpa or Safariland I love this gun so much I use it for work as a Security contractor most guys are like that's to big to carry I said go ahead carry that piss ant Glock if that's what you are comfortable with so I now own 2x 45Acp experts one for work one for having as a back up or nightstand gun but have been waiting for a 9mm one as well . I gotta say my wife feels empowered by it when I work graveyard shift it has a 1200 lumen Olight with green laser she says something about the sheer size of it makes her feel safe also that its 45acp and recoils like 9mm .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.