Increasing P30SK/VP9SK mag capacity - Mod found - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Increasing P30SK/VP9SK mag capacity - Mod found

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

HK magazines are built to last and to be reliable. One of design elements that follow this goal is follower and locking plated designed specifically to prevent maximum compression of magazine spring. This both promotes long life of spring (and good feeding) that was not repeatedly compressed past it's flexibility point and prevent risk of coil binding, that can happen to spring that is compressed to maximum. If someone really doesn't care (for example for competition purposes) original HK lock plates and followers can be easily modified to provide increased capacity, by some 2 round. Back, when I shot HK USP Expert .40SW I modified some of my mags, to hold 18 rounds (instead of stock 16 rounds) that way. With use of super flat, aftermarket followers (I had luck with Grams kits for STI/SV) it can be even +3 (but last round slide lock will nor work).
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Current: SFP9SD-SF, P2000SK, MR223A3 11.5"
    Past: P30L, P2000, P30, P7M13, Expert, G3 (MKE T41), HK45C, MR223 16.5"/14.5", SFP9-SF
    I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Hornady, Khales & Typhoon Defence brands in Poland

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have had a Sig P365 as one of my carry guns for over a year and the magazine springs are already acting up. I think we are going see this a lot more with the popularity of these Micro compact large capacity guns. Feeding issues after a year and a half. I have shot about 1000 rounds through 3 12rd magazines and have left 1 filled since day 1. The lifespan of the springs is simply shorter. I still carry it when I need the smallest option.
    H&K Guns I own:

HK P30L V3 LE 9mm
    HK P30L V1-4.1 9mm
    HK P30sk V1 LE 9mm
    1941 K98K ayf 8mm

JCC
    Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What is the Sig warranty on their mags?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    GraveDigger78 likes this.
    HK P9S 9mm
    HK USP9C
    HK P30 SK V3 TRU DOT
    HK VP9 SK TRU DOT

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GraveDigger78 View Post
    I have had a Sig P365 as one of my carry guns for over a year and the magazine springs are already acting up.
    I have P2000K as my carry gun for over 15 years. Still use 2 original magazines, with original springs and 2 magazines that are maybe 3 or 4 years younger. Recently took it to IPSC match (some 200+ rounds in single match) and worked flawlesly. I take reliability over 0.25" difference in gun height every time.
    PC7 and GraveDigger78 like this.

PC7
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HK Carson View Post
    I don’t think any manufacturer has spring technology that is vastly different from other manufacturers. I think when it comes to magazines you have a teeter totter effect regarding capacity vs reliability/longevity. I don’t believe HK has much to learn from Sig (I do like Sig). I think higher magazine capacities have a lot to do with marketing. HK probably prefers to lean towards reliability/longevity. Now if you get the extra capacity by lengthening the magazine, that’s a different story.
    Brother, you have stated exactly why HK does what they do regarding mag capacity.
    I see you have not been on the forum long, but you understand HK mag capacity far better than most; the concept seems to elude so many here that, for whatever reason, can't seem to understand the rationale.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JCC View Post
    What is the Sig warranty on their mags?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    To my understanding it is a limited lifetime warranty but the spring being a wear part is not going to be considered a factory defect if it is "worn out" even if you think it is a little premature.

I really like a lot about my P365. I love the overall size. The factory sights are great. The trigger is wonderful. It feels great to shoot and I shoot it well. I sold my Glock 43 mainly because the carry capacity of the P365. I am starting to realize the quality of the magazines is questionable. Starting to have some lazy springs leading to jams at 2 years in or so with only about 1000rds through the gun.... I wish my P30sk wasn't so huge in comparison.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yeah but your p30sk in my opinion is twice the gun the p365 is. I sold my p365 to buy a p30sk. Sooo much more of a solid gun. But again... just my opinion.
    Last edited by Jslow; 11-21-2019 at 12:29 AM.
    WolfieRules likes this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Now, boys. That's enough bickering. I want you to shake hands and get along.

I carry my P365 when I want a skinny gun,
    my HK45C when I want to go big,
    or my P2000SK when I can't decide.

Guns aren't like girls. You can have more than one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's been said that HK is a magazine company, that happens to produce guns.

@GJM
    Domino likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If HK made a single stack nine I’d be all over it, but we ain’t going down THAT road. I don’t believe customer’s desires are a priority at headquarters.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links