Increasing P30SK/VP9SK mag capacity - Mod found - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Increasing P30SK/VP9SK mag capacity - Mod found

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I’m not sure any civilian wants, desires or monetary support for their products are on Hk HQ Radar at all to be honest. Still love HK but dang.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks for all the insight. While I understand magazine reliability and longevity, why do most, if not all other gun companies have at least a 2rd advantage with no real issues to speak of? HK should just increase by 2 and leave it up to the user whether they want to load all rds or download by 2...

Not sure if anyone has seen the new XTech Tactical 17rd mags but I might have to check those out for my full sized HK's.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I use primarily (others that came with my HKs used for couple hundred rounds) 2 mags for range ratting. I did the math, between all my compatible HKs, the average for each of the 2 is over 30k, without a hiccup.

Is it me, but every time I see one of these "I need another 2 or 3 rounds" in a gun that holds 15+1, I have to wonder, what areas do you travel that expect to have to dump a full mag or more during an encounter with nefarious? If for competition I guess I get it, but for any other use, I go with reliability and longevity every time.
    grumpy1 likes this.
    VP9 - times 4
    VP9SK
    P30 v3
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfieRules View Post
    I use primarily (others that came with my HKs used for couple hundred rounds) 2 mags for range ratting. I did the math, between all my compatible HKs, the average for each of the 2 is over 30k, without a hiccup.

Is it me, but every time I see one of these "I need another 2 or 3 rounds" in a gun that holds 15+1, I have to wonder, what areas do you travel that expect to have to dump a full mag or more during an encounter with nefarious? If for competition I guess I get it, but for any other use, I go with reliability and longevity every time.
    This ^
    I think before I would booger up my HK magazine, I would just carry an extra magazine if I felt I needed extra rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HK’s bread and butter seems to be government sales. If not, a lot of their commercial marketing stresses those government sales. See Operation Nimrod posters. I’m wondering if 15 round magazines help with those government sales. It would be easier to calculate ammo purchases in multiples of 15 than 18. It wouldn’t be the main selling point, but it would appeal to the numbers people. Just a random thought.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

How does P2000 designed for German Police with 13 round regular and 16 round extended magazines fit there? ;)
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Current: SFP9SD-SF, P2000SK, MR223A3 11.5"
    Past: P30L, P2000, P30, P7M13, Expert, G3 (MKE T41), HK45C, MR223 16.5"/14.5", SFP9-SF
    I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Hornady, Khales & Typhoon Defence brands in Poland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent1138 View Post
    Thanks for all the insight. While I understand magazine reliability and longevity, why do most, if not all other gun companies have at least a 2rd advantage with no real issues to speak of? HK should just increase by 2 and leave it up to the user whether they want to load all rds or download by 2....
    But it is up to you. It doesn't take much imagination to look at the HK follower and see where you can get extra rounds, should you so desire. You can always buy another follower and plate to go back to stock. It may not be as easy as downloading your mags, but shouldn't be too difficult.

As to your question of "Why?" The answer is "It's HK." They didn't just make sure your springs don't over-compress and your follower doesn't tilt and bind, they made damn sure. "Over-engineered" and all that.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

^ ^ ^ +1.
    The forum has BTDT, modding the follower/spring 15rd to IIRC +3/18rd (experimental). So HK can do it, they’d just rather not. Evidentiary is ETS VP9/P30 +2 17/12(SK) on std length (plastic) mags for $17, no secret it’s feasible.

Downloading... load less than rated capacity, this thread very much proves that moot. At the range I load 5 rds (even with 15rd mags with my P2000/USP9c) to a.) Shoot 5 shot groups and b.) Practice reloads – Plan B.
    WolfieRules likes this.

4X4
    Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

VP/P30 mag extensions fit on P229 mags also, I've done it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Montrala View Post
    How does P2000 designed for German Police with 13 round regular and 16 round extended magazines fit there? ;)
    Uhh....well you see....it’s like this.... Best guess is that the boys at HK knew German police could easily perform simple arithmetic, and being German police, like things to be slightly more complicated. Actually, your post blew my theory right out of the water.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links