HKPRO Forums banner

I just bought the cheapest USP in the country

7K views 45 replies 33 participants last post by  Fett 
#1 · (Edited)
That'd be a good a clickbait Youtube video title. Week or two ago I asked the board about colored USPs and someone posted a Gunbroker auction of one that'd been painted. Well I decided fortune favors the stupid so I bought it for $299.98 plus shipping. It's a 2000 production model with two mags and a case. Looks absolutely disgusting but I'd found an HK UTL that I needed a gun to attach to. I'll report back when it arrives in a week or two.

See less See more
#37 · (Edited)
I know people say you don't have to detail strip USPs, but man was this filthy inside. Cleaned her up good, inside and out. The OD paint is remarkably resistant to chemicals. Prolonged exposure to acetone will soften it but I'm giving up for now. Only cleaned a little overspray off the metal parts I felt like soaking in solvent that long. Fortunately the grubby paint that had been rubbed into the slide and barrel markings came right off with carb cleaner. Looks like a much more respectable gun now.

#44 ·
Nice find! The green frame looks much better in your pics. Glad the paint on the frame came off easily, that didn't look very good, IMHO. Enjoy the new (to you) USP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.