HKPRO Forums banner

I just bought the cheapest USP in the country

7K views 45 replies 33 participants last post by  Fett 
#1 · (Edited)
That'd be a good a clickbait Youtube video title. Week or two ago I asked the board about colored USPs and someone posted a Gunbroker auction of one that'd been painted. Well I decided fortune favors the stupid so I bought it for $299.98 plus shipping. It's a 2000 production model with two mags and a case. Looks absolutely disgusting but I'd found an HK UTL that I needed a gun to attach to. I'll report back when it arrives in a week or two.

See less See more
#9 ·
You can never have too many USP 40's regardless the size of the pistol, whether full size or compact, then there are the tacticals, Experts,Elites, and I think they made a Custom as well...

Like I said, you can't have too many 40's and they are like potato chips, one is never enough.

Great score and there are lots of options. Take that sucker out and shoot it. While you are pulling that trigger, it will come to you

#14 · (Edited)
The USP was originally developed as a 40 pistol first before the other calibers followed. Back to its roots!

I said the same thing about my USP40, until I shot it. And then I converted to 10mm. ALL SMILES!

I got my KF USP 40 for $400 OTD, with a black eagle case and 5 magazines. Seriously, I only bought it for the case, ended up keeping it for 10mm Auto.

#23 ·
#25 ·
That's well worth a try with a nylon tooth brush.

#22 ·
You could add black grip panels or a sleeve to cover most of that up. Add in your UTL and it might just end up looking decent.

Regarding the "hated .40". PMC 40D ammo is the best kept secret around. 165gr bullet at 989 fps. It just .... thuds. No bite, no bark, no Holly Hannah that's hot (Lawman 53955) just a pleasant thud. I think a lot of shooter's would rethink their feelings towards the 40 after trying that ammo.

Anyways, you got a great deal so have some fun with it!

#24 ·
That's a steal if it's just a bad paint job, if the firearm is mechanically sound, WOW.

#33 · (Edited)
The beagle has landed. It's in much better shape than I was expecting--definitely well used but not used nearly as much as I thought. Oddly the whole gun is packed full of lint. Not dirt, lint. Somebody's daily CCW? Came with a set of old Meprolight night sights installed (which have lost most of their zest for life) and the original HK white dot sights in a bag. Now, as far as the paint. It actually looks great and it's growing on me. Good thing, since so far it's been totally impervious to any solvent I've tried on it. Gun is 2000 date code, mags are 1994 for some reason. All said and done, $344.98 out the door, plus $100 for the original UTL.

The trigger is so much better than my P30's I'm shocked HK let the P30 out the door like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.