HK USP 9 Magazine Question

Thread: HK USP 9 Magazine Question

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Default HK USP 9 Magazine Question

recently picked 5 HK magazines even though i don't own a USP 9 but got them at a good price to use as trade bait.

3 of them have the AE date code dated 2004 but only 1 of the 3 has the restricted LE markings. i'm guessing the reason the other 2 don't is because of the AWB sunset.

1 of them has a date code of IR for 1993 so i'm wondering if this one has any premium over there others since it was a pre-AWB magazine for states that allow preban mags. i don't live in a ban state of anything thankfully but would certainly like to see this one go to someone behind enemy lines if i could.

thanks for the info.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Don't quote me. I had a glock magazine that came out before 1994 based on characteristics. When I did some research to see if it was worth more, it seems only in Massachusetts they might be worth more. There are weird rules for people to get them though. I never actually tried to sell the Glock mag, so I don't know if it will sell for a premium. I did not see anywhere else that a "pre-ban" magazine makes a difference. Lastly I don't know if the code on the HK magazine officially makes it a pre-ban. Maybe some one will chime in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sent you a PM.
    "Like any art worthy of the name, the most brazen lie can evolve into a surprising and seductive truth."
    -Paolo Roversi

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalMedic View Post
    ...1 of them has a date code of IR for 1993...
    Isn't KD the date code for 1993?

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent04 View Post
    Isn't KD the date code for 1993?
    Not for parts and magazines 1993-2001:

IR/ir-93; IE/ie-94; IS/is-95; IK/ik-96; IO/io-97; ID/id-98; II/ii-99; OR/or-00; NP/np-01

Tony

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalMedic View Post
    recently picked 5 HK magazines even though i don't own a USP 9 but got them at a good price to use as trade bait.

3 of them have the AE date code dated 2004 but only 1 of the 3 has the restricted LE markings. i'm guessing the reason the other 2 don't is because of the AWB sunset.

1 of them has a date code of IR for 1993 so i'm wondering if this one has any premium over there others since it was a pre-AWB magazine for states that allow preban mags. i don't live in a ban state of anything thankfully but would certainly like to see this one go to someone behind enemy lines if i could.

thanks for the info.
    Is the IR/1993 marked with a "patent #", or "pat. pend." on the lower left, magazine body???

Tony

Sponsored Links