SP5 dud... - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: SP5 dud...

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    Someone posted pics of a broken down one on reddit.
    https://imgur.com/a/uzGqCnw
    yup. It has a Zenith style carrier block, which is even worse.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LRM19k View Post
    yup. It has a Zenith style carrier block, which is even worse.
    I assume it is okay for those who want to SBR it (at most) but obviously not great for those wanting to use it as a sear host, I presume.
    Hidden Content
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sweersa View Post
    I assume it is okay for those who want to SBR it (at most) but obviously not great for those wanting to use it as a sear host, I presume.
    Correct.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

This thread is comical.

HK finally provides the US market non-neutered Full Size and "K" MP5s, factory built in Germany, for a reasonable MSRP, and you guys are already complaining.

Not having to settle for cut up,used parts guns, license built guns produced in non-US friendly countries (or downright hostile to the US), or reverse engineered copies (PTR, Omega, et al) is amazing.

Merry Christmas to us.

I toast HK for making the effort and providing factory guns that haven't been for sale here since the 1980s (minus the SP5k - which is sort of what people want).

YMMV.
    "Amat victoria curam"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumbergh View Post
    This thread is comical.

HK finally provides the US market non-neutered Full Size and "K" MP5s, factory built in Germany, for a reasonable MSRP, and you guys are already complaining.

Not having to settle for cut up,used parts guns, license built guns produced in non-US friendly countries (or downright hostile to the US), or reverse engineered copies (PTR, Omega, et al) is amazing.

Merry Christmas to us.

I toast HK for making the effort and providing factory guns that haven't been for sale here since the 1980s (minus the SP5k - which is sort of what people want).

YMMV.
    Yep, this is why we can’t have nice things. After decades of HK not making MP5s for civilians, now they do, and it’s still not good enough. Oh well, with so many people being put out, hopefully they will be easier to find for the people who do want it.
    LCSO264, tlrgsxr, Username and 6 others like this.
    Do you even HK, Bro?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

This thread is comical.

Merry Christmas to us.

YMMV.
    This right here.
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

This thread is comical.

Merry Christmas to us.

YMMV.
    Its a valid complaint for some of us, for most people though it really isn't an issue. They are going to be able to get a great gun that will serve them well. I really wish they had just done the nub that the sp5k had. A secondary less important thing would have been the correct thread on the barrel and not having the visible engraving on it.

On the plus side it should lower the value of the hk94s a bit for those of us that want a sear ready gun.

Its also worth saying there might be a way around the block. I know some shaved a full auto carrier for the zenith guns where it would clear the carrier block but still engage the trip lever. Might be able to do that here(I haven't looked at one in person to see if this would work). If that can be done I might pick up one of the L versions to have the barrel cut down and a normal non navy 3 lug installed.
    NewWaveGuy likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Lotsa Scrooges here on this forum.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

If HK is reading this thread... I still want one damn it.
    Brad4065 and NewWaveGuy like this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miacovet View Post
    Who else is on board with the SP5 not being that great....? I think the finish looks dumb and call me old school but the HK94 looks a lot better. I had a chance to buy one and did not buy.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links