Let's talk Surefire forends for the SP5 I'll hopefully soon be getting - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Let's talk Surefire forends for the SP5 I'll hopefully soon be getting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LCSO264 View Post
    personally, I'm not a fan of the complete Surefire forends.... they were the go to lighted forend in the 90's, but we are past them now. I'd go with a 1913 or MLOK railed forend, and mount a light that way. You will likely get a brighter light with more throw that way, as I'm not sure what output of light you get with the complete Surefire forends anymore? You could also upgrade lights this way, as light technology seems to change faster than computer CPUs anymore.

That is just my preference.
    I agree with this 110% a midwest or dt mlok forend and a light from modlite is the way to go in my opinion.
    Last edited by awdxtc; 12-04-2019 at 06:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does a surefire front end require tax stamp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Knowing the difficulty using the surefire hand guard with a suppressor, I decided to go with a B&T Hand guard, B&T vertical grip, B&T suppressor, and Surefire M600DF Scout light. I personally prefer the look and the functionality.

GraveDigger78 and Phaedrus like this.
    If "Dirty Harry" had been made in 1996:
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fire twelve shots or only eleven?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a HK MARK 23, the only offensive handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jag32 View Post
    Does a surefire front end require tax stamp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No it's just a light built into a fore grip.

For me its just a personal preference and nostalgia thing. Ever since I can remember I've always wanted an A2 navy with the surefire. That is an MP5 to me

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I'm a bit old school, for me the Surefire forearm is perfect, no wires, no things hanging all over, no wire management, switches right where you need them, very natural hold. If you can find the old offset adapter you are set though I hear the are hard to find. Had Surefire custom wire this one back in the day. The kill switch you see no longer overrides the momentary switch on the other side, and the kill switch is not a lock on lock off for the light (But even in the lock off position the momentary switch works).Let's talk Surefire forends for the SP5 I'll hopefully soon be getting-mp5.jpg

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought about that too but the offset just kills the look for me. I'll just go with a modern day m lok fore end when I use a can on it. I like the looks of that too but for me I much prefer the old school classic look. That's what I spent my childhood and adult life coveting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KevinCa316 View Post
    For me its just a personal preference and nostalgia thing. Ever since I can remember I've always wanted an A2 navy with the surefire. That is an MP5 to me
    Agreed. An A2 with a SF forend is super sexy. I also like the look of the A3 with KAC rails and broomstick.

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Knowing the difficulty using the surefire hand guard with a suppressor, I decided to go with a B&T Hand guard, B&T vertical grip, B&T suppressor, and Surefire M600DF Scout light. I personally prefer the look and the functionality.

Off topic, but what rail mount is that? Good looking MP5!
    HK21E/23E/11E Registered Receiver (Fleming/TSC)
    USP Tactical .45ACP
    USP 45 Compact Tactical

Pending:
    S&H registered sear burst pack (TSC)
    MP5F SBR (TSC)
    HK53 SBR (TSC)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KevinCa316 View Post
    I thought about that too but the offset just kills the look for me. I'll just go with a modern day m lok fore end when I use a can on it. I like the looks of that too but for me I much prefer the old school classic look. That's what I spent my childhood and adult life coveting
    The offset does swing up so it's flush, though I hear they are very hard to find now. But hey, Just one mans opinion. Everyone has their own setup they like. One thing I did notice, I bought a aftermarket led head. Could not find my offset at the time and it did work. The light made slight contact with the tri lock quick removable flash hider which very slightly angled the light down. Not great, did not like the contact but it worked.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post

That's 600 Scout is going to blow away my surefire and the new ones, none are going to approach 1500 lumens. 1000 tops now on fore-ends I think.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MJP2012 View Post
    Agreed. An A2 with a SF forend is super sexy. I also like the look of the A3 with KAC rails and broomstick.

Off topic, but what rail mount is that? Good looking MP5!
    The Aimpoint Micro T2 came with a spacer and the LRP mount. However, the LRP mount would not fit on the BT 10266 (latest generation - at that time in late 2017, don't know if B&T has changed it since then). So I got a B&T quick release mount and kept the spacer. I tried the co-witness without the spacer, but found that personally I preferred having the Aimpoint higher and the field of vision uncluttered by the iron sights. I would like to find a hollow spacer, so that you have the choice of either iron sights or red dot, but the spacer that came with the Aimpoint is solid.
    MJP2012 likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links