P30L V1 trigger question - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: P30L V1 trigger question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shao - just looking for someone that could possibly make a comparison between trigger system of V1 converted to 4.1 with GG short reset kit and something like what I have. But with the above comments I think I will be breaking it in this weekend.
    Thanks

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

What PorterM, JonHK40, and ShaoKahn said above. You need a muscle memory baseline for your P30L before making mods to it. And that means putting hundreds of rounds downrange, and getting to know your gun. Otherwise, you will have no idea what your changing and why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well - we all know that the p30 V1/V2 have a lot of take up and long reset. We also know that they can be improved/decreased with the 4.1 and GG short reset kit. My question - will the two kits improve the trigger enough to make it worth keeping? Same reason someone puts the GG short reset in a Sig DA/SA 226. They like that setup - I don't. I had a FNX 45 - like the pistol, yes it was large. Could not work with the trigger. The V1 is single action once the round is chambered with long take up/reset. CAn it be improved - yes. I was just hoping for a comparison of how much better it could be. I have no problem going and shooting the pistol. If the mods are not going to be beneficial - then no reason to shoot the pistol. I think NIB/unfired is more appealing than used.
    Thanks, Nelson

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drnls View Post
    ….My question - will the two kits improve the trigger enough to make it worth keeping? ….I have no problem going and shooting the pistol. If the mods are not going to be beneficial - then no reason to shoot the pistol...
    You are going to get a lot of opinions about the changes you want, but the only person who can really decide is YOU. All we're saying is shoot your P30L first and decide instead of listening to other's opinions about the gun.

I have lots of HKs, they're all factory with no mods, and I chose to own and shoot them that way. I have learned to shoot them well, and have no reason to upgrade or modify anything on them. I saw no point in doing so, and that's me. Ditto for my Sigs and CZ's too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Solid advice. Thanks, Nelson

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
    Mine is a V3.
    It already has the lightest trigger spring

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Grey Guns kit makes quite a difference. However if you are looking to make it as crisp as an SAO Legion, you’re going to have to send it to Robert Burke.
    HK45T OD V5/6
    HK45T OD W/Standard Barrel V5/6
    HK45T Black German V5/6
    HK45 Lipseys x Dos V5/6
    HK45c HKPro Edition RAL8000
    HK45c Black V7
    HK45c OD Green X Dos V7
    HK45c Baby Poo RAL8000 V7
    HK45 RAL8000 V5/6
    P30L V1
    P30SK V1
    USP .45 V5/6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sabre - thanks. I don't expect it to be as good as my Legion - just better than stock, which it sounds like it can be. Thanks again.
    sabre675 likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

You can definitely make the trigger better with GG or Lazy wolf work. I have a ton of SIG's, particularly 226's and I don't know if any Hk trigger will ever be as good as a tuned SIG, that short reset trigger is amazing. That said, if you put some time into the P30 you can shoot it as well as any gun, in my opinion. I shoot my p30's in uspsa with stock triggers and love them. But, like others have said it may not be something you're interested in putting the time into. If you decide to dump it cheap let me know:)))

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonFrost View Post
    You can definitely make the trigger better with GG or Lazy wolf work. I have a ton of SIG's, particularly 226's and I don't know if any Hk trigger will ever be as good as a tuned SIG, that short reset trigger is amazing. That said, if you put some time into the P30 you can shoot it as well as any gun, in my opinion. I shoot my p30's in uspsa with stock triggers and love them. But, like others have said it may not be something you're interested in putting the time into. If you decide to dump it cheap let me know:)))
    Do you have an HK with an HK Match Trigger such as an Expert, Elite, Tactical? That is the best that HK makes and if you have tried one of those and still don't think it is as good as the others then send it off for some work.
    HK - No Compromise

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links