Slide stop movement
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Slide stop movement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Slide stop movement

Hello everyone, been lurking in the forum for a few months now and decided to make an account because I cant seem to find the answer to my question anywhere else.

I recently upgraded the stock trigger on my VP9 to lazy wolf v2. I used a full disassembly guide that I found on this forum and did the work myself (not mechanically inclined but seemed easy enough). Had a couple of minor issues with disassembly and reassembly but they seemed to be fairly common as I found a few post on here and in the YouTube videos that had the exact seem problems (pin on left hand side of frame was a pain to get out and the TRS was tough to get back in).

The problem I cant seem to figure out is that when I pull the trigger the slide stop moves up alot and when I went to the range the other day it was randomly causing the slide to lock back rather than cycle the next round. Can anybody please help me figure out what I did wrong during reassembly?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Slide stop movement-20191209_182935_1576010026351.jpg   Slide stop movement-20191209_182938_1576010054692.jpg  

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Unfortunately, I can't help with your question but welcome to a great forum. I am sure someone will be able to help you out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I noticed the plastic retaining clip that holds the slide stop in place is missing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I do have the plastic clip in place its just not in these pics

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

As compared to before, is there additional resistance when pulling the trigger? The slide release axle also acts as the trigger axle. If the machined holes were drilled slightly smaller than spec, I could see this happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No, trigger is nice and smooth, breaks and resets nicely.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I can only narrow the cause down to the trigger/slide release axle. If not the holes in the trigger itself, how does your trigger-return-spring look? If your needle-nosed pliers crushed it down out of concentricity (you wouldn't be the first), it could be the culprit impinging on the axle (thus the slide release).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XIRND0MHEROIX View Post
    Hello everyone, been lurking in the forum for a few months now and decided to make an account because I cant seem to find the answer to my question anywhere else.

I recently upgraded the stock trigger on my VP9 to lazy wolf v2. I used a full disassembly guide that I found on this forum and did the work myself (not mechanically inclined but seemed easy enough). Had a couple of minor issues with disassembly and reassembly but they seemed to be fairly common as I found a few post on here and in the YouTube videos that had the exact seem problems (pin on left hand side of frame was a pain to get out and the TRS was tough to get back in).

The problem I cant seem to figure out is that when I pull the trigger the slide stop moves up alot and when I went to the range the other day it was randomly causing the slide to lock back rather than cycle the next round. Can anybody please help me figure out what I did wrong during reassembly?
    Hey:

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about your problem. I'm not a professional VP9 armorer but I have been taking apart and reassembling it a bit recently for my Lazy Wolf trigger and to replace worn out springs - so just a thought from someone who has also recently been making (and fixing) rookie mistakes: did you misplace the the pressure spring for the slide release? It is a very tiny little thing that easily falls out once you remove the pieces that secure the locking block. Not hard for that to get loose and possibly misplaced and maybe overlooked on reassembly. If that's missing I'm guessing the slide release lever would misbehave.

Otherwise, the solution to my problems has been to disassemble the whole thing and reassemble it and I've then noticed what I did wrong the first time. There is an excellent youtube vide that has a full disassembly of the entire gun. I think I posted it on here recently. Watch that and go slowly.

SCPK

SCPK

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

One would think that after several times finding himself on the floor with a flashlight looking for this damn spring...

If it is in fact missing, friction from the trigger axle would certainly have no problem rotating the slide stop. Good catch!
    SCPK likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fatmat27 View Post
    One would think that after several times finding himself on the floor with a flashlight looking for this damn spring...

If it is in fact missing, friction from the trigger axle would certainly have no problem rotating the slide stop. Good catch!
    Why thank you sir! It is a very weird feeling to be giving out valid advice on how to fix problems. usually I'm the one asking! ; ) Let's hope that solves it, of course

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links