Title II Firearms Faux Suppressor on SP5? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Title II Firearms Faux Suppressor on SP5?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmo88 View Post
    Thankfully the title ii arms faux suppressor is designed to be pinned and welded on itself so that the barrel isn't damaged.
    Meh. There is nothing you can say that will convince me it isn't a sin. I'm from NY. I know all about such ungodliness. Whatever. Do what you have to do. But take it from me, the best thing you'll ever do is to escape from behind the iron curtain. It ain't just guns that make the free states really free.

But if you get 000550, keep me in mind. I really want that #.
    Own: HK91, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, USP SD, USP9, USP9 FDE
    Future: SP5? Assuming I can find an honest seller.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post
    Thankfully the title ii arms faux suppressor is designed to be pinned and welded on itself so that the barrel isn't damaged.
    Meh. There is nothing you can say that will convince me it isn't a sin. I'm from NY. I know all about such ungodliness. Whatever. Do what you have to do. But take it from me, the best thing you'll ever do is to escape from behind the iron curtain. It ain't just guns that make the free states really free.

But if you get 000550, keep me in mind. I really want that #.
    Will do!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Basically we have a handgun roster in which new semi auto pistols will never be allowed on because legislators made a "microstamping" requirement that marks brass with a unique identifier in two places. This is technology that doesn't exist so unless you're exempt from the roster (LEO is the most common exemption) then you can't buy it new, you can buy a non roster pistol from a private party but the price is usually at a premium.
    You're sh$ting me....right?????
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    Basically we have a handgun roster in which new semi auto pistols will never be allowed on because legislators made a "microstamping" requirement that marks brass with a unique identifier in two places. This is technology that doesn't exist so unless you're exempt from the roster (LEO is the most common exemption) then you can't buy it new, you can buy a non roster pistol from a private party but the price is usually at a premium.
    You're sh$ting me....right?????
    I wish I was, I hope it eventually gets thrown out in court.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I only saw the SP5, not the SP5L listed on HKs website. I'm sure they will release but I'm not exactly sure when that is. With the way California is passing more restrictive laws all the time, I don't want to potentially miss out on getting this gun, especially when I have already secured one. I also like the idea of having "the original" in case I ever move out of state I could SBR it.
    So you will weld and pin a barrel extension and then DROS it as a rifle? It can never go back into pistol config so yes you would need to SBR it if you move out of state and want to remove the extension. I'm assuming you can't remove the 'evil features', so you're going fixed magazine? And then load it one round at a time through the ejection port? Or is there another CA-legal way to do it?

I concur that you might want to wait until the SP5L comes out so you can at least have an actual rifle and won't have the issues associated with a really long barrel extension / resale issues. Good luck!

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Bobmo, I had a Cohaire with a pinned and welded faux suppressor. It didn't affect accuracy as far as I could tell. I sympathize, being a refugee from the PRK. Sounds like you're going to convert it to a long gun and probably run it featureless, not a bad choice considering the options. Should you ever make your own escape, you can sell it in CA before you leave and buy another in a free territory. Good luck with your project!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I own a Bobcat Weapon BW5FS with and pinned and welded/fixed faux suppressor. It is classified as a rifle, and I put an A-3 sliding stock on it. Mine will shoot 2-3in. groups @ 25 yards free hand, and that is plenty good enough for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Oh for the love of all that is holy, do NOT do things like that to an SP5.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links