Title II Firearms Faux Suppressor on SP5?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Title II Firearms Faux Suppressor on SP5?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Title II Firearms Faux Suppressor on SP5?

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and have been following the SP5 post since pretty early on. I managed to buy an SP5 from an online retailer but being that I live in the state with the dumbest gun laws (California). Pretty much the only way I can legally acquire the firearm is for a shop to pin and weld a barrel extension among other things. I have been considering the Title II firearms 8.5inch MP5 Fat 3 lug faux suppressor. Does anyone have any experience firing one of these faux suppressors that is pinned and welded? Will this negatively affect the accuracy? I contacted one person who I thought could do the work but they wont do any barrel extension over 5 inches due to the negative effect on accuracy. Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As far as I know there is one with a 16" barrel, wasn´t that an option for you? or did you want to go with the "original". other than that i can´t really say anything more :/
    Made in Germany

HK Shooting Team
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Barrel extensions like you are looking at can and absolutely do negatively impact accuracy
    LCSO264 likes this.
    Heckler & Koch Shooting Team
    Heckler & Koch Certified Armorer

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

Welcome to the site--- supposedly there is an SP5L to be released!!!

Tony
    Foxtrott_4 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrott_4 View Post
    As far as I know there is one with a 16" barrel, wasn´t that an option for you? or did you want to go with the "original". other than that i can´t really say anything more :/
    I only saw the SP5, not the SP5L listed on HKs website. I'm sure they will release but I'm not exactly sure when that is. With the way California is passing more restrictive laws all the time, I don't want to potentially miss out on getting this gun, especially when I have already secured one. I also like the idea of having "the original" in case I ever move out of state I could SBR it.
    Foxtrott_4 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bystok View Post
    Barrel extensions like you are looking at can and absolutely do negatively impact accuracy
    Do you happen to know by how much? I'm not expecting a tack driver by any means but as long as the accuracy isn't abysmal then I might consider going through with the pin and weld. I just noticed that Beltfed Precision pins and welds a faux suppressor to an 8.85inch barrel just like I plan to have done, they seem to have a pretty good reputation so I'm looking for feedback, thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmo88 View Post
    I only saw the SP5, not the SP5L listed on HKs website. I'm sure they will release but I'm not exactly sure when that is. With the way California is passing more restrictive laws all the time, I don't want to potentially miss out on getting this gun, especially when I have already secured one. I also like the idea of having "the original" in case I ever move out of state I could SBR it.
    I can understand that. How is it in California, are pistols like that not allowed?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmo88 View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and have been following the SP5 post since pretty early on. I managed to buy an SP5 from an online retailer but being that I live in the state with the dumbest gun laws (California). Pretty much the only way I can legally acquire the firearm is for a shop to pin and weld a barrel extension among other things. I have been considering the Title II firearms 8.5inch MP5 Fat 3 lug faux suppressor. Does anyone have any experience firing one of these faux suppressors that is pinned and welded? Will this negatively affect the accuracy? I contacted one person who I thought could do the work but they wont do any barrel extension over 5 inches due to the negative effect on accuracy. Thanks in advance!
    For the love of God, whatever you do don't hack up SP5 #000550. I'm on the hunt for that specific gun.
    Own: HK91, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, P8A1, USP SD, USP9, USP9 FDE
    Future: SP5? Assuming I can find an honest seller.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post

For the love of God, whatever you do don't hack up SP5 #000550. I'm on the hunt for that specific gun.
    Thankfully the title ii arms faux suppressor is designed to be pinned and welded on itself so that the barrel isn't damaged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrott_4 View Post

I can understand that. How is it in California, are pistols like that not allowed?
    Basically we have a handgun roster in which new semi auto pistols will never be allowed on because legislators made a "microstamping" requirement that marks brass with a unique identifier in two places. This is technology that doesn't exist so unless you're exempt from the roster (LEO is the most common exemption) then you can't buy it new, you can buy a non roster pistol from a private party but the price is usually at a premium.
    Foxtrott_4 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links