Why do i suck at shooting HK pistols? - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Why do i suck at shooting HK pistols?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

https://youtu.be/NxyTFzgWjhk

try this drill or something like it.
    Mix up some dummy rounds in your mag and you will see what is happening when you pull shots on a dry fire you are not expecting.
    Or have a friend either load one round or nothing into the gun then hand it to you to shoot.

start very slow until you stop pulling shots then work on speeding up.
    practice practice practice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Because you just suck? I was wringing out my USPC9 this afternoon, bone stock with Mepro night sights, and rapid fire at 10 yards I group only nominally looser than my P229 with a Robert Burke action job and an RMR. Go figure. The biggest difference for me is placement of my support hand thumb. For me, there is not a good place to put it on my HK vs on my Sig. If I don't have careful placement of my support hand with my wrist intentionally broken downward, I tend to pull my shots down and left. I spent most of last year fine tuning my support hand placement. I also have to intentionally work on keeping the pad of my trigger finger on the trigger re the first joint. That also makes me pull shots. Each pistol grip is different so I have to work on hard to shoot consistently across platforms.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Freak View Post
    How do you get to Carnegie Hall? Practice...
    Or buy a ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

regarding the shooting low; how low are you shooting. HK factory sights are set for hold over point of impact. Meaning, all things equal, the bullet will hit behind the front sight post. Where most other "American" handguns are set up for lollipop or "pumpkin & post" sight picture; meaning the bullet will impact just above the front sight blade on the target.

as for the left pull, my first guess would be trigger finger. somewhere in the trigger press (probably the very end) you are imparting some push on the gun. Again, without being there and watching, this is just a guess. As for the shooting low, the hold over sight picture is a topic of discussion on here about once a year. On a side note, another manufacturer who uses the hold over sight picture, Para-Ordnance. A bunch of guys on my department bought Para's together, every one of them complained about shooting low. The gun wasn't shooting low, it was just sighted for a hold over sight picture.... anyway, I digress...... Once you get used to the hold over sight picture, you may find you like it better. I know that was the case for me.

good luck
    triggerprincess likes this.
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs
    SP5K

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

If you are right handed I would suggest squeezing your three right hand grip fingers harder before seeing your sites.
    triggerprincess and Dbealmear like this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I understand your plight. I had the same problem with my USP9c. Finally just tapped the rear sight over to suit me and now I am dead on accurate with it. I was at the pistol range with a friend and way back at the 50 yard line a fat groundhog came out and I took him out with the first shot. Love my USPc and I am most accurate with this pistol.
    rolandlisalaura likes this.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redpillregret View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak View Post
    How do you get to Carnegie Hall? Practice...
    Or buy a ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Or you “pay to play”. Been there, done that”. Still pretty darn cool experience!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Practice alot. You will get it. Also some legit training by someone who analyzes your shooting wouldn't hurt. One of the best things I was ever taught, which helped my accuracy more than anything else across different platforms, is to scrape the bottom of the trigger guard with your finger as you pull the trigger back. It provides more consistency to the pull and help mediate some of the differences between different types of triggers. This method made me accurate with Glocks when I would only shoot left before.
    triggerprincess and Zimmer81 like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Grab a micrometer and check if your sights are centered in the slide.

Besides being to the left, how were your groups?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In my opinion trigger control is more difficult to master on a polymer semiautomatic pistol than say a revolver in single action or a 1911, even if shooting the polymer gun in single action mode. I can’t explain why, but discovering the 1911 and practicing with it improved my shooting HKs when I came back to them.
    rolandlisalaura likes this.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links