P2000 question
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: P2000 question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default P2000 question

Hello,

I was looking at getting a P2000 and was wondering will weapon lights work on it without needing a adapter like you do on the USP?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Standard picatinny, gtg
    JRK1990 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kbinmt View Post
    Standard picatinny, gtg
    Awesome! Thank you, I just wanted to make sure.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

Welcome to the site!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Standard picatinny, gtg
    It's definitely not picatinny, it's only got one slot and it's the narrow Glock/Weaver type, not standard 1913. But most lights with Glock pattern mounts should work.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flubb View Post
    It's definitely not picatinny, it's only got one slot and it's the narrow Glock/Weaver type, not standard 1913. But most lights with Glock pattern mounts should work.
    I think it depends on which P2000, GPM or standard. The GPM is definitely not Pic Rail. The regular one looks odd as well.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Fair enough, I assumed based on HK's description. Must be the Glock industry.
    "Industry standard mounting rails allow the widest variety of lights, laser aimers, and accessories to be added to the P2000 by sliding them onto the open rail system"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    I think it depends on which P2000, GPM or standard. The GPM is definitely not Pic Rail. The regular one looks odd as well.
    Yeah I don't know what that German Police version is meant for, were they expecting someone to make some new bespoke light for them? Or is that the pattern the police use in Germany? Surely not, since no other gun I've seen uses that pattern and many German guns have each had their own proprietary rail pattern. Even HK couldn't decide since the USP, USP Compact, Mark 23 and P30 each have different rails and the P2000 having two additional rail patterns itself. lol

In any case some lights will work on a global market P2000. Here's a cheapo Olight with a Glock adapter on my P2000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fair enough, I assumed based on HK's description. Must be the Glock industry.
    "Industry standard mounting rails allow the widest variety of lights, laser aimers, and accessories to be added to the P2000 by sliding them onto the open rail system"
    Sorry I didn't mean to be pedantic. I'll bet it is a Glock pattern, since the rail slot is just the right thickness and its position is just the right distance from the trigger guard. I tried some more just now, Steiner SBAL-PL works, Insight M3X works, Viridian C5 DOES NOT work, and my Streamlight TLR-1 and Surefire X300U are configured for other pattens but I see no reason they wouldn't work with the Glock adapter.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yeah I don't know what that German Police version is meant for, were they expecting someone to make some new bespoke light for them? Or is that the pattern the police use in Germany? Surely not, since no other gun I've seen uses that pattern and many German guns have each had their own proprietary rail pattern. Even HK couldn't decide since the USP, USP Compact, Mark 23 and P30 each have different rails and the P2000 having two additional rail patterns itself. lol

In any case some lights will work on a global market P2000. Here's a cheapo Olight with a Glock adapter on my P2000.

I like the way you put that, bespoke. There was an adapter made for a short period of time. But I’ve never seen one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links