• 1 Post By straightgrain
  • 1 Post By bystok
  • 1 Post By straightgrain

Thread: EFK Fire Dragon VP40 to VP9 in seconds!!!!! Conversion Barrel

HK Shooting Team
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Default EFK Fire Dragon VP40 to VP9 in seconds!!!!! Conversion Barrel

With all this HK SP5 talk, it's time for a break and some other exciting news!! I have both the 9mm and 357 Sig EFK Fire Dragon conversion barrels for my HK VP40 and they are sweet! I have only put the 9mm conversion through the paces and I can honestly say this is something to consider if you own a VP40. The barrel swaps right into your VP40 and you use your VP40 mags to shoot 9mm. Check it out below

https://efkfiredragon.com/heckler-and-koch1.html
    MCASgt_New_River likes this.
    Heckler & Koch Shooting Team
    Heckler & Koch Certified Armorer

Professional Gunslinger
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was going to get a VP9 but...a 40 just seems more economical at this point with 9mm, .357sig and 40 all in one platform.

Thanks for a great video too!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MCASgt_New_River; 12-20-2019 at 09:12 PM.
    bystok likes this.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.' -That is Honor

Hidden Content

Gunnery Sergeant
    II MEF, MetOc Chief
    United States Marine Corps
    2000-Present

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks for the great vid. Have a .357 Sig barrel already and have been waiting on a (review of a) 9mm conversion barrel.

Thoughts on accuracy?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HK Shooting Team
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by natty99 View Post
    Thanks for the great vid. Have a .357 Sig barrel already and have been waiting on a (review of a) 9mm conversion barrel.

Thoughts on accuracy?
    Well, I didn’t bag it or spend tons of time on a deep study there but shooting bowling pins at 15-25 yards with Fiocchi 115gr was not an issue!! For a drop in on a gun sighted in with different ammo and a different caliber, I can’t imagine more with out rezeroing. I didn’t expect to easily hit the tops of the pins with ease after swapping caliber and ammo!

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)

Of particular note is the fact that bystok really did use the .40 mags to shoot the 9mm. And an extended mag set up, as well. This can sometimes be a problem with the spring having enough oomph to push that last round up or have enough left to lock the slide back. No problems here. Looking forward to seeing the .357 in action.

I know that this is really a review, but this kind of thing is pretty important who are considering the VP40 vs the VP9. There is an option out there that will make your pistol even more versatile. And it works. Many things that are advertised as drop in really are not quite so much. And I know the next question that will bubble up in people's minds... When is the Group Buy? I will get with their High Priestess of Mirth and Mayhem and see what can happen and with what timing.
    bystok likes this.

Wondering what happened to your posts???
    Please take a moment to re-read the terms that
    you agreed to
    when you signed up:
    Hidden Content .

Help bring sense to the NFA world, join Hidden Content .

HK Shooting Team
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by straightgrain View Post
    Of particular note is the fact that bystok really did use the .40 mags to shoot the 9mm. And an extended mag set up, as well. This can sometimes be a problem with the spring having enough oomph to push that last round up or have enough left to lock the slide back. No problems here. Looking forward to seeing the .357 in action.

I know that this is really a review, but this kind of thing is pretty important who are considering the VP40 vs the VP9. There is an option out there that will make your pistol even more versatile. And it works. Many things that are advertised as drop in really are not quite so much. And I know the next question that will bubble up in people's minds... When is the Group Buy? I will get with their High Priestess of Mirth and Mayhem and see what can happen and with what timing.
    Oh wow!!! That is pretty awesome if they will do a group buy as I’ve seen them back ordered quite often!!!! The next question to start working on is “does it work with Glock mags?” :)
    HelioUSP likes this.

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)

Never heard of those mags.
    bystok likes this.

Sponsored Links