MARK 23 still worth the cost? - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: MARK 23 still worth the cost?

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Who cares what socom uses or used? Itís the Indian, not the arrow.

And the G19 is the most prolific sidearm within special operations if it matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    If you want an accurate 45 at a reasonable cost then a USP Expert

Just a suggestion for you to consider.
    I got an expert for cheap and couldn't be happier.
    Domino likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by surely_you_jest View Post
    ^^This guy knows how it works.

^^ Your points of practicality are hard to disagree with. Too bad yours hasn't been reliable. Of the PPKs I have run across from the 1930s, 1960s and one PPK/S from the early 70s, they have all been stellar shooters..
    Even if it was reliable, I probably wouldn't carry it for the other reasons. When I first got it, it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in decades. I've worked on it for a few hours or so and it is definitely operated better, but it's still not there. There are other guns I have that I've never had a problem with.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by link80reid View Post
    I love when people say the Mk23 wasn't used, or isn't being used. As if those people are read in on covert operations and have a worthwhile opinion. The Mk23 was made for scenarios that the general public will never hear about. There was a requirement for it, otherwise it would never have been made. We do not know the goings on of singleton operations, yet they exist. We will never know about the spooks running around Pakistan in the middle of the night putting surveillance devices in Terrorist safe houses etc.. We have never heard of anyone being assassinated with a B&T Welrod, yet, someone had the requirement, these things aren't designed and created on a whim.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Brugge.../bt-410000.htm
    I have always been enamored with the Welrod--- the B&T version is ridiculously quiet!!!

Tony
    link80reid likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andrew1182 View Post
    ...It's cool, I wanted it, I can afford it....
    Absolutely! Don't know any better words to describe HK addiction. I've used those words 20 times in the last past 3+ years to calm myself.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCop View Post
    Come on. This is HKPRO. We get all three (I know Iím not he only one).
    ....or more.

freeride1 and AGG like this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andrew1182 View Post
    The only reason not to own one if you're on a dedicated HK forum is financial stress. Let's just call it what it is. I don't know anyone who is a serious HK collector that doesn't have one. Hell, the longer you collect the worse it gets. I had to hunt a taupe one down for no other reason than than the fact that there are only 500 of them and I wanted one. Not because they do anything that the black ones won't. It's cool, I wanted it, I can afford it. Those are the three key principles in firearm collecting, LoL.

Itís funny, thatís the go to...Ēyou canít afford it so youíre jealousĒ.

Iím on a dedicated HK forum. I can afford one. Yet I do not have one. Why? I have no desire to have an $1800 paperweight. Iím not a collector, Iím a shooter.

No, the price yo admission isnít the barrier. But that reminds me of the time I won a precision rifle match. One gifted individual stated the only reason I won was because of my $10,000 rifle. So the next month I showed up with an $800 rifle and won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bistro likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Itís actually small.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

There really isn’t a better suppressor platform out there. And yes, if you really love H&K, you wouldn’t be asking “is it worth it.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by link80reid View Post
    I love when people say the Mk23 wasn't used, or isn't being used. As if those people are read in on covert operations and have a worthwhile opinion. The Mk23 was made for scenarios that the general public will never hear about. There was a requirement for it, otherwise it would never have been made. We do not know the goings on of singleton operations, yet they exist. We will never know about the spooks running around Pakistan in the middle of the night putting surveillance devices in Terrorist safe houses etc.. We have never heard of anyone being assassinated with a B&T Welrod, yet, someone had the requirement, these things aren't designed and created on a whim.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Brugge.../bt-410000.htm

This just goes back to what I said, the mission drives the gear train...However, there is more than enough information from former members of these organizations, that suggests that the MK23 simply isnít used very often, if at all. Whether or not anyone wants to accept that, is up to them, In his book ďNo easy dayĒ author Mark Owen shows pics of his weapons locker, the pistol he used was a HK45CT, So take it for what itís worth..
    rolandlisalaura likes this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links