P30v1 light primer strikes (need help!)

Thread: P30v1 light primer strikes (need help!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default P30v1 light primer strikes (need help!)

So I bought a used p30L v1 (LEM
    trigger) with the grayguns trigger upgrade. I’ve been having a lot of light primer strikes with every ammo type I put through it. From what the seller says and the looks of it, gun doesn’t have too many rounds through it.

I’ve inspected and cleaned the firing pin and housing

I’ve replaced the hammer spring (new stock one)

I’ve put a new stock firing pin block spring back in- replacing the light one that came with the trigger upgrade

Any recommendations on what it might be or has anyone had a similar problem with the p30 and/or GG trigger upgrade

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Is there any difference between first and second strikes?

If that isnt clear I am referring to when the hammer is “cocked” like regular with the LEM and when you pull the trigger a second time without cycling the slide.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graves14 View Post
    Is there any difference between first and second strikes?

If that isnt clear I am referring to when the hammer is “cocked” like regular with the LEM and when you pull the trigger a second time without cycling the slide.
    I have only experienced it when I do a short reset. Never on the first round or when I let the trigger all the way forward and pull again.

A lot of times it’s the second round in a mag

I hope that answers what you were asking

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Graves14;3626266]Is there any difference between first and second strikes?

If that isnt clear I am referring to when the hammer is “cocked” like regular with the LEM and when you pull the trigger a second time without cycling the slide.[/QUOT

I caught the slide failing to enter all the way into battery once (maybe a cm or so) I don’t know if it was fully seated on the other light strikes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I installed the Grey Guns SR in my P30SK LEM, same issue it would shoot 1 or 2 then light strike. Found the hammer rebound spring?(think it is only in the LEM) was not in place. Anyhow got it in place and couple 100 rds later no issues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M1garand View Post
    I installed the Grey Guns SR in my P30SK LEM, same issue it would shoot 1 or 2 then light strike. Found the hammer rebound spring?(think it is only in the LEM) was not in place. Anyhow got it in place and couple 100 rds later no issues
    Good to know, I’ll check that out tonight

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jbird0313 View Post
    Good to know, I’ll check that out tonight
    Any updates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey sorry for the late reply, Gray Guns told me to send it in even though it wasn't their install. They sent it back with their full action package and 1000 rounds later ZERO malfunctions. Couldnt be happier!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

But after you messaged me I ordered a new hammer spring and installed it, still getting light primer strikes, thats when I contacted Bruce Gray of GrayGuns.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jbird0313 View Post
    Hey sorry for the late reply, Gray Guns told me to send it in even though it wasn't their install. They sent it back with their full action package and 1000 rounds later ZERO malfunctions. Couldnt be happier!
    Bruce has always been a class act and I'm glad that he got you squared away.
    Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes.

Sponsored Links