LEM trigger reset - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: LEM trigger reset

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshot10 View Post
    Exactly. I'm kind of the opinion that I'd rather shoot slower than short stroke the trigger. See below for why.

I carry the LEM (P30SK), so the primary purpose is SD. I have about 1,500 to 1,750 rounds through it so far (I'd have to check my logs).

I'll have a look at the video tonight.
    I would definitely check out those two Ernest Langdon videos, particularly if LEM is your carry gun. It's really as simple as making the gun go off every time one pulls the trigger and keeping it on target.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I ride the reset. I’m currently switching back to my USP compact LEM from my P30SK LEM for carry partially because I’ve short stroked the longer reset of the P30SK a few times.
    Vincent04 likes this.
    [] USP 9 [] USP 45 [] USP 9 Compact [] VP9 [] VP9 SK [] P30 SK []

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I agree with what others have said. Listen to what Ernest says in those videos. Using a stock Glock 19 (with the **** factory Glock sights), he took me from all over the place to hits on A/C steel at about 60m in an hour or so by helping me to understand not to ride the reset and to fix my grip.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My LEM trigger breaks Are 6#! No problem riding those babies. Anyone know how to get them to 4ish?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Monster9 View Post
    I ride the reset. I’m currently switching back to my USP compact LEM from my P30SK LEM for carry partially because I’ve short stroked the longer reset of the P30SK a few times.
    I had the same problem with the p2000 so I got the short GG Short reset. Now I short stroke the USPc. I also noticed a click right before the reset on the USPc that I never noticed before.
    Does any ever notice it?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I put a drop of oil on the trigger bar detent and I can’t hear or feel the click any more.
    Last edited by robertp; 01-08-2020 at 01:34 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

If you are going to release the trigger all the way, why not just go DAO? LEM was designed for a long DAO-like pull on the first shot, but then has the shorter reset for rapid follow-up shots. Seems there would be no advantage and only disadvantages (more complex 2-piece hammer and harder to master shooting) by choosing to run LEM without at least attempting to take advantage of the only upside it offers.
    - CPshooter

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

My understanding there are two ways to work the trigger one is called riding the trigger reset the other is called slapping the trigger guard. If you are going to ride the reset I would try dry firing ( check make sure gun is empty) and feel very slow and carefully if there is any resistance before the reset. This may be why you are short stroking it. Another option is to get the GG short reset. I don’t know much about slapping the trigger guard.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I would consider Lazy Wolf over GG for LEM trigger work if this is the direction you want to go. Check with LW after Shot Show.

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just switched my p2ksk to the TLG setup. I much prefer the stronger reset to the lighter trigger. Lite lem was too mushy on the reset and the pretravel had no tension to me. I am much preferring the heavy trs spring to light.

In my p30 I installed the medium trs instead of the heavy that the TLG had. I believe it achieves the best of both. You get a lil lighter trigger pull yet retaining positive reset and a firm consistent pretravel. I just wish I could get a medium trs for my p2ksk.

One thing I have noticed. And it could be personal. But the lem trigger to me is not exactly dry fire friendly. I say this because the lite lem felt awesome in dry fire. The break is very light and I did not notice the reset/pretravel as much. But on the range it gets noticed very fast. Having the positive pretravel and that forceful reset really help while actually shooting the gun and running it at speed. I also noticed I am less likely to short stroke while shooting very slowly accurately. That heavier trs really presses your finger out in live fire.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links