P30 LEM spring questions
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TooSixy

Thread: P30 LEM spring questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default P30 LEM spring questions

Happy New Years Folks,

First, let me say, this forum has been awesome and has helped me unmeasurably, so thank you all for putting in the time to create a giant wealth of knowledge.

Ok, i have a P30S V3, stock, that i am looking to convert to LEM - keeping both the safety and the decocker, unless someone wants to trade me a P30 LEM 😂. I have read TooSixty’s thread on how to do the conversion, and i converted my V1 USP to LEM with the threads, no problem. What i am confused about(slightly) are the springs. When i look at the spring charts, i see that different springs are used for light LEM on the USP & P30.

Why is this? Geometry?

How important is it to change the blue hammer spring to the heavier “LEM” spring, if the blue spring consistently ignites the primers?
    Why use the heavy spring if the blue one works and i seek “light” LEM?

Please, any knowledge will help me. I am seeking as much knowledge as possible.

Also, i am running my USP with a 10lb hammer spring in LEM with stock TRS and FPBS, without issues, so, i would imagine this would work in my p30 with the blue spring?

Any thoughts - please share them.

Thanks,

Alex
    Thanks,

Alex

The wages of my labor are TRUTH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

P30 LEM spring questions-4a64acc4-0ad6-4af2-aec9-c5df7d6c4c14.jpegP30 LEM spring questions-5b53d742-e6f8-4585-a73f-9ad20ad3e955.png

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sorry I am not of help, but when I had a VP9, changing springs out required special nose pliers. It was a pain.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)

The Blue spring should work fine in your converted P30 V1 LEM. Even the 10-lb Wolff spring works, too, on some ammo brands (I have not tested it on reloads or other brands besides Eagle, Federal, or Speer). Keep in mind that a light or heavy hammer spring will not make a difference once the slide has cycled because the hammer spring would have already been compressed.

If you are keeping your stock P30 TRS, FPBS, and Blue HS, it should be fine. Even with the Light FPBS.
    Domino likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I understand that the HS will not make a difference once the slide has cycled. That is why i am wondering why HK uses a different spring for light LEM?
    Why do they not simply use the blue spring?

Thanks!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Also, TooSixty, if i understand this correctly - the only parts needed to convert my P30S to LEM are the LEM bobbed hammer, the cocking piece, and the elbow spring? Then i can retain the safety and decocker?

Thanks again.

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-refer.../topics/169453

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WM-FreeThePeople View Post
    ….
    Ok, i have a P30S V3, stock, that i am looking to convert to LEM - keeping both the safety and the decocker, unless someone wants to trade me a P30 LEM . ..
    Not possible. LEM doesn't work with the safety and decocker. Then again why would it? The long, soft take-up is the LEM's safety feature.

Sponsored Links