Technically speaking, how does the VP9 operate differently than a Glock? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Technically speaking, how does the VP9 operate differently than a Glock?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    Glocks use pins which stay in place (ideally) by their interface with other parts...much like an AR15's fcg...very few roll pins and the few that exist are not required for full tear down. The VP has several roll pins and the full disassembly is a bit more complex than the Glock.
    I watched a Glock employee disassemble a Glock 17 on a range using only a Glock Disassembly Tool. The Glock design is quite ingenious.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    I watched a Glock employee disassemble a Glock 17 on a range using only a Glock Disassembly Tool. The Glock design is quite ingenious.
    I agree with this statement. I remember being duly impressed with the design and Gaston’s innovation (or at least the foresight to hire brilliant firearms designers/engineers).
    The Glock magazine was initially not drop free, if you remember. As a military pistol, they did not want magazines inadvertently or accidentally falling out during use. The metal inserts were added later, after a winning campaign directed at the American law enforcement market.
    I sometimes wonder why I don’t still own a Glock. My move to HK has been great, and I am very happy with them. I do think they are the better pistol.
    That said, if you handed me a Glock, I wouldn’t feel like I would be losing much of anything. It would be like old-home-week, as the saying goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yep. Using that one Glock tool, you can completely disassemble the slide and frame in like 3 minutes. Compared to my USP which I've owned for about 20 years and have never once attempted taking apart. LOL

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I changed my p30l from v1 to 4.1. That was more work than I cared for. HK's seem to be more intricate.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Are there people not aware of this?...

you can use a ballpoint pen or other mundane objects...the "tool" is just a punch.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links