What is it (most important part?) that makes the hybrid Match\LEM so great?
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By TooSixy
  • 1 Post By fatmat27

Thread: What is it (most important part?) that makes the hybrid Match\LEM so great?

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default What is it (most important part?) that makes the hybrid Match\LEM so great?

Many regard the Match\LEM hybrid to be an exceptionally good trigger, what is the single most important part which contributes the most to this feeling?

There is no match LEM hammer, no match LEM sear, the match trs is too light, the HS is pre-cocked so 11 or 12 lbs. HS should not make a difference so what is it?

The nickel match sear spring alone cannot be all there is, or is it dependent on a combination of a number of the individual parts from both the match and lem kits?
    Last edited by GOTURBACK; 01-03-2020 at 09:25 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1. To know it is to love it.
    2. With a steady hand and confidence, you can install the online available kit yourself.
    3. More cost effective and quicker than custom trigger work by HK experienced gunsmiths.
    4. As a complete package may add perceived value to your firearm.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GOTURBACK View Post
    Many regard the Match\LEM hybrid to be an exceptionally good trigger, what is the single most important part which contributes the most to this feeling?

There is no match LEM hammer, no match LEM sear, the match trs is too light, the HS is pre-cocked so 11 or 12 lbs. HS should not make a difference so what is it?

The nickel match sear spring alone cannot be all there is, or is it dependent on a combination of a number of the individual parts from both the match and lem kits?
    It's a combination of the Match and LEM parts, my friend. :)
    And the de-facto TRS for this setup is the Light TRS, not the Match one. The Match TRS would be too light and will not reset properly.
    Exiledviking, Pag23 and GOTURBACK like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

TwoSixy what match parts are actually used in the match\LEM hybrid only the nickle sear spring correct?

What is the difference between my hk45c LEM with a nickle sear spring and a complete hybrid Match LEM set-up?

Is there anything else besides the match trigger with overtravel screw that I am forgetting or missing? Thanks #TooSixy
    Last edited by GOTURBACK; 01-10-2020 at 01:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is there anything like this for the hk45 series? I'm getting ready to convert my hk45ct to lem.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Make sure one understands the full operation of the LEM before diving into it. The advantages of the LEM is consistent pull pull from the first shot to the last, then the bobbed hammer, and long trigger slack take up for CCW/duty use. Disadvantages to some is the very long trigger slack take up compared to the SA mode of a traditional DA/SA version. Trigger pull and reset are virtually the same between the 2 versions, if similarly set up. Both LEM and DA/SA versions take spring, aftermarket items and trigger work upgrades with similar nice results. This goes for any HK45, USP, P30, and P2000. VP9/40, other models have other solutions.
    Bill
    triggerwork.net

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

the ability to limit ovedrtravel is also a plus!
    Vincent04 likes this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have exclusively used H&K handguns with the LEM variant triggers for 10 years and 10's of thousands of rounds put dowrange so I have quite a thorough understanding of how they work, I have found that there is not much overtravel in the LEM variants maybe 1/16 - 1/8", and the overtravel screw has too much chance it of preventing sear drop and causing a malf for me so that juice is not worth the squeeze, that alone cannot be what makes it so highly touted. Still have not heard that lightbulb fact that says ohh yeah that is what makes it so special. No match hammer, the match hammer spring is not recommended (which has entirely no effect anyway on a pre-cocked hammer ala LEM), no match LEM sear, match trs not recommended.....?? And when HK itself installs a Match/LEM set-up they do not use any special sauce or aftermarket parts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Must be what Toosixy noted - just the right combination.

Sponsored Links