Question regarding HK VP9
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question regarding HK VP9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Question regarding HK VP9

I do enjoy HK guns and I am also a big Sig fan. I have a sig legion P229 SAO. I've palmed a VP9 and that grip is pretty awesome, as is the Legions. Anyone with an honest assessment on these two guns? I'm debating getting a 226 SAO Legion or a VP9 and with the extra cash I save on the VP9 sending it into Lazy Wolf guns to get a trigger job and red dot put on it. Essentially, making a "Legion Killer" VP9 or as close a legion equivalent to for an HK which one can do.

Thoughts? Anyone own a Legion SAO and a VP9 (one that has had trigger work even better) to give a fair comparison? Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So I have a legion P226 DA/SA and a few VP9's one of which has been to Bruce Grey who did the trigger work on the legions. I have some gun time behind my Grey Guns VP9 and all I can say is don't sneeze. It is a super light trigger pull with excellent follow up for rapid shots. No gun time behind a SA P226 but my SA/SA legion is very nice as well. I believe it was $300 from bruce grey maybe a little cheaper to have him do the action job and polish everything.
    It is an amazing gun and worth it in my opinion. Bruce grey and his team did an amazing job with the work, however they polish and re-coat everything as well. It is your money but, like I said my VP9 is amazing and like I stated early follow up shots are amazing, especially double taps. Just rock solid work from them.

Good luck in deciding. It's going to be a tough one!

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Are you two newbies up there forum twins, LOL! Nice names.

I have many Sigs, but no Legions at this time. However, I have fired Legions at the range (226/229 across 9/40/357/45) thanks to a buddy whose is Legion-obsessed. They are very solid pistols minus some issues with the PVD finish.

I'd get the VP9, which I do own and shoot. Assuming you're a 9 guy, the P226 Legion SAO doesn't really offer anything significantly different than the P229 Legion SAO IMHO. The only difference is lower recoil and muzzle flip due to its larger size, but my response to that is "Meh". On the other hand, the VP9 offers a substantial difference for sure out of the box, especially if you get the LW upgrade. Rent a VP and you'll see.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I appreciate the feed back. Looks like I'll make the VP9 my project gun.

I do like the .357 sig caliber and would consider a VP40 and get a conversion barrel, but I can't find those barrel's on HKparts and it seems HK and Sig are slowly killing off their lines of .40s. I'd rather invest in a project gun that will be good to go 5 years from now vs a .40 that appears to continue to die a slow death. Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I own both. Both are great pistols.
    1. Sig SAO has an outstanding trigger out of the box.
    2. Sig SAO has an external safety. Does this fit your needs / wants?
    3. For me, the HK VP9 was easier to run in a class / training environment.
    4. An outstanding gunsmith can make either pistol absolutely remarkable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Personally, I do not feel that the slide (and/or grip) finish on the Legion series of pistols is worthy of their significantly higher price over standard models. It seems almost like a chalkboard to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a 226 Legion SAO and a 226 Elite SAO. I put a GG straight trigger in my Elite. I probably shoot the two the best of all my pistols. I have tried to like the VP9 in my local gun stores. I just don't find the trigger all that impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Personally, I do not feel that the slide (and/or grip) finish on the Legion series of pistols is worthy of their significantly higher price over standard models. It seems almost like a chalkboard to me.
    Finish is an issue. PVD seemed to have issues, the Cerakote finish seems to be a bit better. But yeah, I'll eventually get this sent in for a Nitron finish. Wish they would just do that, would look great with the green hogue grips

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drnls View Post
    I have a 226 Legion SAO and a 226 Elite SAO. I put a GG straight trigger in my Elite. I probably shoot the two the best of all my pistols. I have tried to like the VP9 in my local gun stores. I just don't find the trigger all that impressive.
    I'm thinking of sending the Legion into Sig Armorer to get an action clean up package done and get it milled for an RMR. Sig letting me down bad with the Romeo 1 and Romeo 1 Pro garbage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I waited to long on someone selling an RX package for a 226. I really want to not want to try the red dot pistol setup.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links