GOing from LEM, to V9
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By TooSixy

Thread: GOing from LEM, to V9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default GOing from LEM, to V9

Hello all, first post here, though I am not quite a newbie to firearms, nor a complete stranger to HKs.
    I just bought a nice, pre-owned, supposedly V1, HK45. Upon initial inspection, it is actually V5 (if I understood the HK rep correctly). That is, it was converted to an LEM trigger, but a left-side safety lever was retained. No decocking feature, of course (5+6 detent plate). What I want, in no uncertain terms, is a V9. I am trying to get the list of required parts together, and think I have it, from reading about the V1 to LEM conversion process (nobody else seems to have tried the reverse). Is this the following correct?
    Hammer
    Catch
    Main Spring
    Sear w/pin
    Hammer axle

Thanks in advance.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Default GOing from LEM, to V9

I’ve done it before on a USP. It is not that bad and you have some of the parts already. I bought a gun that was a heavy LEM and converted it. Based on that, I’d suggest you include the trigger return spring too to make sure you have the right spring, but it is a pain to do and not completely necessary. Same with the hammer spring. I think you can get away with the old hammer spring, but it would be best to replace it. Same with the flat spring which is not that hard to replace with the nickel platted one once you have the rest of the guts out.

As you said you need the hammer complete for V1 (50218570), the sear complete (214180), the trigger return spring (50214164), the hammer spring is (50214300 for the USP and 215694 for the HK45), nickel flat spring (215691), disconnector (50214840) and the catch (50219442). I don’t think you need the hammer axle as I believe from what you said you have it. Call Tommy he will fix you up and check the numbers but I believe they are correct. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dbealmear; 01-15-2020 at 02:56 AM. Reason: You definitely need the catch, not possibly

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

I have a V1 sear, and match hammer, and a 1+2 plate for new style guns id be willing to trade for your LEM hammer, Cocking piece, Hammer rebound spring & LEM sear & 5+6 plate if interested. :)
    Hk 416
    Hk MP5K-N
    Hk MK23
    Hk USP9SD
    Hk USP9C
    Hk USPEXPERT9
    Hk P2000
    Hk HK45

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)

This thread will tell you exactly what you will need (scroll down to the HK45 and HK45 Compact section):

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-refer...avy-da-sa.html

Basically, this is what you need:
    5. Sear (229882 or 50229882)
    7. Spurred Hammer (218570 or 50218570)
    8. Hammer Spring (215694 or 214300/50214300 for HK45 / 234479 for HK45c)
    9. Trigger Rebound Spring (214164 or 50214164)
    10. Firing Pin Block Spring (209296 or 50209296)

V9 is just a V1 with no decocking, so instead of the V1+V2 Detent Plate (234465), you just keep the V5+6 that came with your HK45.
    Last edited by TooSixy; 01-15-2020 at 05:05 AM.
    HK CS1 and oberlin1 like this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dbealmear View Post
    I’ve done it before on a USP. It is not that bad and you have some of the parts already. I bought a gun that was a heavy LEM and converted it. Based on that, I’d suggest you include the trigger return spring too to make sure you have the right spring, but it is a pain to do and not completely necessary. Same with the hammer spring. I think you can get away with the old hammer spring, but it would be best to replace it. Same with the flat spring which is not that hard to replace with the nickel platted one once you have the rest of the guts out.

As you said you need the hammer complete for V1 (50218570), the sear complete (214180), the trigger return spring (50214164), the hammer spring is (50214300 for the USP and 215694 for the HK45), nickel flat spring (215691), disconnector (50214840) and the catch (50219442). I don’t think you need the hammer axle as I believe from what you said you have it. Call Tommy he will fix you up and check the numbers but I believe they are correct. Good luck.
    You don't need the Catch, Disconnector, or Nickel Flat Sear Spring. The LEM variants already have the correct Catch and the other 2 parts are unnecessary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Since I anticipated receiving a V1, I actually ordered a 5+6 plate. Of course one is currently installed, so now I have a spare. I am negotiating with the seller; he may be willing to reimburse me for some of the parts I need. SEXTUS: I would absolutely be willing to trade the LEM components for V1. But before I commit to that, I'll need to finish working with the seller.
    TooSixy: I hadn't seen that thread, it's awesome, thanks.
    Last edited by Gustav; 01-15-2020 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Question already answered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

TooSixy - always glad when you step in with the correct info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, the seller is willing to pay for the parts, in exchange for the LEM components, which suits me just fine. Thanks for the offer though, Sextus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not to hijack this thread but it seemed all the knowledge was already present and I want to do the same thing except on a USP 40 which has the V7 LEM. I guess I am the proverbial "old dog" and this LEM is the "new trick". I previously owned a USP tactical in .45 and fell in love with the USP platform. I came across this USP 40 online as a LEO trade in at decent price with the idea in the back of my head that the trigger could me modified if need be.I have read forum after forum until my brain hurts and still am unsure of what I would need to purchase to go V1 or V9.I really could care less about the de-cocker or a match setup.Something that will operate SA is what I would like to achieve and any thoughts or suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.Also just a curious question about my current setup,does it have a detent in the V7 ?The reason I ask is I haven't seen any while looking at exploded drawings or parts lists. The date code is AA which makes it a 2000 model if I understood the chart correctly. Thanks
    Last edited by Dirtfloorcracker; Today at 03:45 AM.

Sponsored Links