HKPRO Forums banner

New USP expert 45 or Mod out my vp9

2K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  Hippie Dan 
#1 ·
Pretty simple. Got some 45 laying around with nothing to feed it to. Eyeing out a Expert 45 new.

Or.....

Build out my vp9 with trigger, sights, magwell, etc etc....

I’ve got a belt dedicated to the vp9 but would need to build out a belt for the expert.

Any thought?

#16 ·
I’ve decided due to the substantial increase in .45 expert prices a short while back to upgrade my current VP9.

I have received a Lobos gen 2 trigger. I know everyone loves the lazy wolf, but I didn’t want to drop an extra 40 smackers on it and that lobos looks slick man.

Heinie Ledge night sights.

Internals polished.

That’s it for now. I’m currently on the road driving this big old truck but as soon as I’m home I’ll be putting the punches to the gun and running it.

#17 ·
I have an Expert in 45. I also have the VP9. I have upgraded my VP but there is just no comparison to the Expert. It is just not designed with the same purpose in mind. I think the Expert is fully capable of being a nightstand gun as well as a competition piece but not so much for concealed carry generally. The VP is capable of being concealed and would make an Excellent nightstand gun but not to much in competition as an Expert. So I guess it depends on what your purpose is. I have both because I don't like to split the baby, as it were.

#18 ·
Just got a USP Expert in 9mm after a very long search. Having shot both USP 45 and HK45 I found I preferred the size of the grip and trigger reach on the HK45. That being said I think if you can get it for a good price I would jump on the Expert.

#22 ·
I will tell you that I just got a new 45 Expert and I love it. What I wish I knew in advance was that while the jet funnel is available for 9 and 40, they do not make for 45. So well that’s disappointing what’s proven most difficult is finding any type of holster and additionally almost all upgrades you find for FS USP’s, or think about doing, will almost certainly say in the description “ excludes Expert” or “fits all models except Expert and Elite” so If you have it in your mind you’re gonna check out your expert and then you’ll certainly want to get a 9 or 40 because there is practically zero offerings for the 45.

#23 ·
That was the one disadvantage to the expert.

There is a small list of acceptable holsters for the expert I’ve found. I will post up the link. Essentially only 3 ready built, but a custom job is about the same money as the ones I’ve found as they’re pretty mush race holsters.

#24 ·
Build out my vp9 with trigger, sights, magwell, etc etc....
After all that it will still be a VP9, the Expert 45 is a factory mod HK.
Double stack 1911... my DW-Commander is JMB single stack.
I know, but I don’t mod out guns I don’t plan on keeping. I’ve gotten rid of some guns that would have people thinking I was insane, and sometimes I thought that of myself too haha. For example a sig 220 combat.

The VP9 has character. I dig it. Although it took time to love. Often times I find the thing that require work to eventually love are things that are truly worth it. Kinda deep for a gun but hey....

But the new dan Wesson dwx is a double stack cz frame under a 1911 slide and controls. Which seems like a great concept.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.