VP9 Updates 2020 - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: VP9 Updates 2020

GJM
    Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I have a VP9L slide direct milled for a DP Pro, and wish I would have had the option to have a factory system that accommodates a variety of optics and could still be run with irons without a permanently altered slide. I go back and forth on a Glock 17 vs 34 with an optic, but four inches is short for competition, if for no other reason than you have to run higher power factor ammo to make USPSA minor.

PC7
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The more I stew about the VP9 2020, the less it makes sense.
    And I'm one of the most loyal HK aficionados on this forum.

Why HK wastes time, resources, and energy redesigning and importing a magazine but won't import pistols readily available in Europe is beyond me.
    The VP9L or VP9L OR has been available in Germany FOR WELL OVER A YEAR!

As far the VP9L OR vs the VP9 OR, just import both, again they've both have been available in Europe forever.
    It's not like I'm asking for anything crazy from HK for competition in USPSA, like a steel or tungsten frame VP9 or a VP40L slide for Limited.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PC7 View Post
    a steel or tungsten frame VP9
    Now I'm stewing

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

PC7
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fatmat27 View Post
    Now I'm stewing
    LOL
    Well being that HK was only about 10 years behind on the optics ready model, and that Sig and Walther offered heavy frame models last year, it should be only about 9 more years before we see such from HK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm confused by the VP9 website page description. The website states that all new 2020 VP9 models will be optics ready and come with 17 round magazines, yet Lipsey's is listing new camouflage slide models that are not optics ready and come with 15 round magazines. The images on Lipey's webpage confirm they are not optics ready as they do not have any cut out on the top of the slide.

YVK

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PC7 View Post

Why HK wastes time, resources, and energy redesigning and importing a magazine but won't import pistols readily available in Europe is beyond me.
    The VP9L or VP9L OR has been available in Germany FOR WELL OVER A YEAR!
    Getting a 17 round mag and optic cut on every VP9, and having a push button mag release option puts them back into the lineup of choices for any mil or LE contract trials. Of course, being a decade or so late on these things means that all big US players have just chosen something else, but at least they can compete for something in the future. So, I don't really think that time, resources and energy have been wasted that way.

What confuses me is that they actually do maintain some relationship with competition world, HK sponsored shooters and all. I can't imagine that none of those guys never pointed out the USPSA rules to the HK. Makes me think that either HK doesn't give a fvck, or don't expect enough demand to bring in 2000 VP9L ORs, or just stretched too thin to give it a thought or effort.
    “When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"
    "What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"
    "I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.
    Pooh nodded thoughtfully. "It's the same thing," he said.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This is definitely going to make me want a new VP9 in 2020. I'm HOPING they do the same thing to VP9sk since it's basically a shortened version of the same slide (similar to G26 vs G17).

ETA: I hope the new pistols still maintain the European-style magazine release. I do see benefits to both styles. All my existing HKs have that style release.
    Last edited by hile; 01-19-2020 at 08:33 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fatmat27 View Post
    I wonder if the sights share the same footprint as other HK pistols.
    Front sight is same as non-OR, rear sight use P2000 cut (but is not P2000 sight - slightly different height).
    fatmat27 likes this.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Current: SFP9SD-SF, P2000SK, MR223A3 11.5"
    Past: P30L, P2000, P30, P7M13, Expert, G3 (MKE T41), HK45C, MR223 16.5"/14.5", SFP9-SF
    I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Hornady, Khales & Typhoon Defence brands in Poland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We know the VP9L would sell here along with the optics ready slide - not sure why they don't want to take our money.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Do we know when the revised 2020 version of the VP9 will be available for purchase and not get an “older” model by mistake?? Also, will they still have the paddle release? That’s a must for me

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links