VP9 Updates 2020 - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: VP9 Updates 2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From the looks of the pictures even the tiny RMR sits pretty high with the mounting plate. I think if you want the best option to co witness without having a vertical stabilizer for a front site is just to get it custom milled for your optic of choice. Just my .02
    NRA Life Member
    DAV Life Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I don't shoot USPSA, how is the VP9L not legal where you would expect it to be? How would it have been better?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I am struggling with idea of buying one of last years models on discount before the new batch hits and having it milled for the optic (which may be less expensive) instead of holding out for the new batch. I have money burning a hole in my pocket and want HK to take my money before my Wife, car, children or dogs make it evaporate........as is all of them are competing for my attention which is part of why I am still not over at my LGS.....

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drnls View Post
    We know the VP9L would sell here along with the optics ready slide - not sure why they don't want to take our money.
    I just picked up a SFP9-SD because the barrel works for and I really do not care about a long slide. The SFP slide is long enough and I get the same barrel length. I guess I am just a little late to the cool guys club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Will the magazines be available as a separate purchase? I have a factory 20 round mag and a few 15 round mags for the VP9, and it'd be nice to have a 17 round or two thrown into the mix.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mags are accs, they will be out in the wild - eventually (after the gun kits are filled).
    As for why the 17, FBI awarded Glock $85M where the RFP required a full-size having 16rds minimum. Hmmm, should HK shift $1M to produce civ/HKPro units?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzz View Post
    Mags are accs, they will be out in the wild - eventually (after the gun kits are filled).
    As for why the 17, FBI awarded Glock $85M where the RFP required a full-size having 16rds minimum. Hmmm, should HK shift $1M to produce civ/HKPro units?
    Cool. I'll need to snag a few then.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

So am I, can't wait... 17rds P2000/USP9c/P30/P30SK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rescueswimmer View Post
    From the looks of the pictures even the tiny RMR sits pretty high with the mounting plate. I think if you want the best option to co witness without having a vertical stabilizer for a front site is just to get it custom milled for your optic of choice. Just my .02
    I totally agree. I saw some videos of it and it does look like it sits way too high. I think they should've just milled it for an RMR and called it a day. It looks like with the plates the RDS sits too high to even cowitness suppressor height iron sights. :(

I have been a P320 guy in the past (well, still kinda am) and don't currently own a VP9. Gonna shoot one tomorrow and possibly purchase one. I have small hands and want to see how the grips feel (sides and back). I was going to possibly hold out for a 2020 for the optics but may just go ahead and buy a VP9 B and call it a day. Maybe get a separate slide milled if I really want a RDS.

YVK
    Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cc561 View Post
    I don't shoot USPSA, how is the VP9L not legal where you would expect it to be? How would it have been better?
    The VP9L is supposed to be a Production division gun, minor power factor, limited set of allowed modifications, and iron sights only. Longer sight radius over the VP9 is beneficial. All successful Production guns have 4.5 inch and longer slides. To compete in Production, 2000 complete units must be produced. In other words, a full factory VP9L pistol, a separate SKU, has to be [reasonably] available for purchase to make in on the Production approved list. A factory VP9L slide kit doesn't count as a full gun and cannot be submitted for approval. HK's release of a Production-division oriented kit without making an effort to get it legal is one of the dumbest things I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by couch000 View Post
    I was going to possibly hold out for a 2020 for the optics but may just go ahead and buy a VP9 B and call it a day. Maybe get a separate slide milled if I really want a RDS.
    The way the UPCs are written on the HK USA website, it doesn't look like the VP9 B is going to get a factory RDS slide or 17 round mags. Maybe the website is not up to date, but it surely looks like that RDS gun with 17 rounders is a separate SKU that only covers all black VP9 with a paddle release. So if you want a B version with optic, you may have to aftermarket route anyway.
    Last edited by YVK; 01-25-2020 at 04:37 AM.
    “When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"
    "What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"
    "I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.
    Pooh nodded thoughtfully. "It's the same thing," he said.”

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links