VP9 Updates 2020 - Page 9
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: VP9 Updates 2020

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The standard 2020 sights are a big dot green front sight made by XS, and a plain black rear.

The rear sight is actually a P2000 cut, while the front sight is the same VP9 cut as before.

The magazine body is the same, save for the extra holes. All of the internals have been modified for extra capacity. There is still a plenty generous 'anti-tilt' tab.

Individual 17 round mags should be available on the web store eventually, but not until all 2020 VP9s have been given their magazines.

We shared a range with Aimpoint on media day, and they brought over a VP9 plate for the Acro, so they are available (and pretty awesome).
    Chui likes this.

YVK
    Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PC7 View Post
    Your experience differs from mine.
    Also, GJM mentioned on the pistol training forum that direct milled optics are more resilient.
    I'll post the link if I can find it.
    He did, he did. Please don't spend your time on searching for the link, I know. In that particular case, it was a wrong cause-effect linkage. He (and I) thought that the direct milling was superior from optic's durability standpoint. The problem turned out to be a shitty Leupold DPP battery contact fixation method.

That doesn't mean you're wrong. Your experience has the same weight as mine. All things being equal, I'd go direct mill too, but for other than durability reasons in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by razzman1 View Post
    The rear sight is actually a P2000 cut, while the front sight is the same VP9 cut as before.
    I am nearly almost out of HK game (I know, I need to go stand in the corner) so please refresh it for me: does that mean that previous VP rear sights and P30 rear sights are no - go now?
    Last edited by YVK; 01-27-2020 at 12:46 AM.

PC7
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    He did, he did. Please don't spend your time on searching for the link, I know. In that particular case, it was a wrong cause-effect linkage. He (and I) thought that the direct milling was superior from optic's durability standpoint. The problem turned out to be a shitty Leupold DPP battery contact fixation method.

That doesn't mean you're wrong. Your experience has the same weight as mine. All things being equal, I'd go direct mill too, but for other than durability reasons in my case.
    Touche' It does make sense that the G forces on the optic would be the same with either. But at least the screws would be taxed less in a direct mill application.
    Thus allowing much greater intervals between replacement and breakage.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I am nearly almost out of HK game (I know, I need to go stand in the corner) so please refresh it for me: does that mean that previous VP rear sights and P30 rear sights are no - go now?
    Yes to the VP9, however the P30 is unchanged. However most manufacturers already make sights for the P2000, so it would be an easy mix and match.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

GJM
    Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I think direct milled can be lower and it obviously eliminates the adapter plate and thus the risk of stripped screws from the plate to the gun or a loose plate. As YVK pointed out, my direct milled DP Pro optics were lasting much longer, but it turned out that they were from a different serial number range that was more durable. With other optics than the Leupold, I have not noted any difference in optic durability between direct milled and using a plate, and as stated above, there was a reason other than direct milling that explained the Leupold observation. As to BUIS, I have a VP9 direct milled for a RMR/SRO, and it still requires taller than regular height sights. Direct milling is great as long as you plan to use one optic forever, not so great if you want to switch. I am interested to see the multi optic system on the VP9, and am hoping HK’s solution is better than the Glock MOS system.
    CDFIII likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

We shared a range with Aimpoint on media day, and they brought over a VP9 plate for the Acro, so they are available (and pretty awesome).
    Yes, it is :)

BTW With VP9L being other name for SFP9L is it really needed to have separate USPSA list entry? I remember back in the time USPSA allowed IPSC listed handguns.

Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Current: SFP9SD-SF, P2000SK, MR223A3 11.5"
    Past: P30L, P2000, P30, P7M13, Expert, G3 (MKE T41), HK45C, MR223 16.5"/14.5", SFP9-SF
    I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Hornady, Khales & Typhoon Defence brands in Poland

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Montrala View Post
    Yes, it is :)

BTW With VP9L being other name for SFP9L is it really needed to have separate USPSA list entry? I remember back in the time USPSA allowed IPSC listed handguns.

The USPSA Production list is somewhat of a monster for the organization. I spoke with a couple of folks at USPSA about it (they stopped by the booth at SHOT), and they are obviously fed up with it, as it is nearly impossible for a MD or chrono-guy to keep up with the list, approved mods, etc. What was expressed to me is a desire to simplify Production Division by adopting the following rules: No comps; no red dot sights; no mag wells; fits in the box; TDA or striker fired. Done.

While it would effectively kill the 'good ole days' of Production Division, it would make life a lot easier, and would, of course, spur further firearm advancement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PC7 View Post
    Touche' It does make sense that the G forces on the optic would be the same with either. But at least the screws would be taxed less in a direct mill application.
    Thus allowing much greater intervals between replacement and breakage.

Yes to the VP9, however the P30 is unchanged. However most manufacturers already make sights for the P2000, so it would be an easy mix and match.
    Damn. Going to make sights even harder to find for the P30 since most manufacturers will go straight VP9 on any new models.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I went into one of the local stores yesterday expecting to pick up a USP Compact in 9mm that I'd seen in the case a while back. Instead, I saw a 2020 VP9 as well, so the USP Compact went on layaway and the VP9 came home. I'm definitely a fan. Not likely a carry gun because Safariland's offerings for those with Lights and Optics are probably non-existent, but It's sweet. I definitely need at least 4 more 17 round VP9 mags once they're available.

igs

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Front sight is the same as P2000 as well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Maybe it's been asked before. But, if HK can redesign the spring and follower to fit 17 rounds in the original 15 round body then they should be able to use that same follower and a new spring to make the flush VP9SK mags 12 rounds. That would be a big difference.
    JCC likes this.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links