HK 17 Round Magazines
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: HK 17 Round Magazines

igs

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

What is different between this and the previous 15 round mags?

Spring design? Follower design? Baseplate design? 9mm specific body?

Can the changes be applied to the 13 and 10 round mags as well?
    Last edited by igs; 01-15-2020 at 07:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Follower and base plate is my best guess. Looking at the ETS pro clear mags you can see where they get the two extra rounds. I modified one my spare p30sk 10rd mags to easily accept 11rds. "Easily", because it's very close to a 12th rd. I can see where to get more room, but it's more modification in harder to reach places.

The real question is: Will HK make the followers and base plates available to us?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

i just heard the sound of a thousand Dremels starting up
    HelioUSP, Speedy2015, dobe and 1 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I haven't seen it, but where are the (confirmed) 17rd pics?
    Is the 17 non-protruding as with the 15 (with new follower/spring/base), or an extended (protruding) body?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HelioUSP View Post
    The real question is: Will HK make the followers and base plates available to us?
    They make them available for the 15 rounders, so I would be very surprised if they didn't make them available for the 17s. I would also guess that there will be new springs available, otherwise the 15 round springs may be compressed beyond their design limits, and thus wear out faster.

Should the retrofit prove possible, I'm gonna be needing quite a few followers.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 01-16-2020 at 05:39 AM.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HelioUSP View Post
    Follower and base plate is my best guess. Looking at the ETS pro clear mags you can see where they get the two extra rounds. I modified one my spare p30sk 10rd mags to easily accept 11rds. "Easily", because it's very close to a 12th rd. I can see where to get more room, but it's more modification in harder to reach places.

Details please on what you did to get your p30sk mags to except 11rounds? I would like to do this too. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[Standard Magazine Alteration Disclaimer Follows] HK followers have a very long anti-tilt tab on the back. I dremel'd that tab up to the point where the scalloping starts with a cut off wheel. Used a drum sander and extended the scallop so the spring rides up smoothly. On the base plate, I cut down the volcano and left enough for the spring to snap on. I've loaded/unloaded a dozen times and have never felt any binding. I also haven't shot it yet or modified any of my other magazines. I'll wait a bit and see if HK releases the new internals as parts.

Disclaimer: No turtles were hurt during the posting of this answer and know your state laws.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Um, how about the 20 round, maybe 22, that would be nice.

I chased the mag sales down the rabbit hole so I'm pretty stocked on 15 & 20's, so new spring & follower parts would be great from Hk.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The magazine body is identical (save for the extra holes). The spring, follower and locking plate have been modified (the base plate too, but juuuust barely). An old spring will not fit on a new follower, but I suspect it would fit with some dremel work. The follower ant-tilt tab at the back is shorter, as is the overall follower. The very top of the spring is also narrower where it seats into the follower.

I don't see why they wouldn't do this with the entire line of magazines, which means it is likely that we will have factory 22 round magazines sometime soon!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I'm hoping that updating the follower/spring/locking plate won't cost $30:)
    @razzman1 Were you able to test any out?
    Last edited by fatmat27; 01-16-2020 at 10:24 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links