VP9 production
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Chui

Thread: VP9 production

HKPro Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default VP9 production

Saw this on another forum - "The VP9 is not a top priority item for HK when they are delivering rifles and other machine guns to military customers under strict timelines. I do know that HK has farmed out the production of VP9 slides to someone else. Don’t worry, they didn’t have to go far to find someone that was up to the task and able to maintain quality."

Given the nature of HK's in house production, I find it highly questionable. However, I thought I'd post it here. Thoughts?

Tspeis

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tspeis View Post
    Saw this on another forum - "The VP9 is not a top priority item for HK when they are delivering rifles and other machine guns to military customers under strict timelines. I do know that HK has farmed out the production of VP9 slides to someone else. Donít worry, they didnít have to go far to find someone that was up to the task and able to maintain quality."

Given the nature of HK's in house production, I find it highly questionable. However, I thought I'd post it here. Thoughts?

Tspeis
    Well, if you are near capacity or donít have additional capacity and you have GUARANTEED MONEY based upon delivering government contracts what would you propose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WolfieRules and TheJerkman like this.
    "Buy once, cry once; or not. Let's be honest for a second; most of you will be zombies one day and I'd much prefer you be zombies with crap weaponry."

igs

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chui View Post
    Well, if you are near capacity or don’t have additional capacity and you have GUARANTEED MONEY based upon delivering government contracts what would you propose?
    I'm pretty sure the machines making the machine guns aren't the same ones making the VP. And I'm pretty sure the different machines can be running at the same time. Same with the very talented labor force.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

What is the (viable) source?
    The VP9 in the US is a civilian aimed product, so there’s no rush there in lieu of their mil contracts. And why even outsource the slide = increased cost and less profit.
    It makes sense to fill the mil orders first, it’s in their contract. A CNC mill doesn’t care/know what it’s machining, the same manpower just replaces the setup jigs.

HKPro Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chui View Post
    Well, if you are near capacity or don’t have additional capacity and you have GUARANTEED MONEY based upon delivering government contracts what would you propose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm aware why manufacturers might outsource production. What I'm saying here is I have a hard time believing HK is doing that. Is it possible? Sure, there's always a chance they could work with another well established German firm like Haenel or Rheinmetall. Probable? I don't think so, but I gladly invite anyone with credible info to show us otherwise.

I've seen the threads on here about the VP9 and the lengthy arguments that unfolded, so I'm not trying to bring that back to life.

Tspeis

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why would they go to the effort of promoting new updates to the VP9 (e.g. Optic Ready), if the were unable or unwilling to produce them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzz View Post
    What is the (viable) source?
    The VP9 in the US is a civilian aimed product, so there’s no rush there in lieu of their mil contracts.
    I would say different with the Japanese military contract. Looks like all the vp9\spf9 parts might head there 1st.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tspeis View Post
    Saw this on another forum - "The VP9 is not a top priority item for HK when they are delivering rifles and other machine guns to military customers under strict timelines. I do know that HK has farmed out the production of VP9 slides to someone else. Donít worry, they didnít have to go far to find someone that was up to the task and able to maintain quality."

Tspeis
    My thought is that the poster on the other site doesn't know Jack.
    Slides are outsourced?
    Too busy making rifles and 'other machine guns'?
    Just have to laugh.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links