USP 9 question / help
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: USP 9 question / help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default USP 9 question / help

Hello all, I LOVE my USP 9 LEM, just one problem my fingers are just a tad short I find my self being forced to adjust my finger position as I squeeze back once the trigger is back just a tad I can properly adjust my finger and then proceed to the break. if I fire "normally" with proper grip the trigger is on the very tip of my finger and it feels weird. now at the range no problem I have learned to deal with it. but I think this means my beloved USP is too big for my hands :( does anybody know if there is a trigger or a mod that can be done to bring the trigger back just a tad so I don't have to adjust my finger mid pull on the LEM?

other option is to go with the USP 9 compact.

I go to the range a lot and love my USP but I feel that practicality is best and believe that any gun i own I should be able to use in a self defense scenario (God forbid), should I 1: try and modify my USP (if I can), 2:just continue and train with it and learn to work it with my small fingers? or 3: switch to the USP compact (maybe the p2000?)?

I chose the USP because it is built like a tank it works and works, I tried the VP9 just did not work for me, i am kind of meh on the p30, the USP line just feels like a tank and is awesome. is the compact version the same way? my main uses for this is (no specific order) going to the range, training classes, possible CCW (cant carry at work or school and 85% of my time is at one of those two places lol), and home defense.

I have a "fun"/range gun les baer custom carry I am looking for a non stop take as many classes as I can shoot once or twice a week 9mm that will keep going and going (btw I hate glocks so trying to stay in the HK area), I guess other option is to stop using 9mm and instead of shooting my 1911 get a hk45c and use that???

any advice would be great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

USP Compact, because there’s no reason not to have another USP.
    simonp likes this.
    [] USP 9 [] USP 45 [] USP 9 Compact [] VP9 [] VP9 SK [] P30 SK []

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Man that sucks, I feel your pain because that's what I go threw with my Mark23. Now I'm curious what size hands you are because I seem to not have that problem with my USP expert and I have pretty small hands myself, my hands are in between a small and medium sized gloves, the width of my hands fits a medium glove just fine but the length of my fingers does not fill in the medium sized glove. The length of my fingers fills in the small sized glove good but the width of my hand makes for a tight fit. None the less ill agree with Monster9 and say go with a USP compact if the grip diameter is indeed smaller than the full size version.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can always convert it to V9 and run it cocked with the safety on. That will definitely reduce the trigger reach.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Exiledviking likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I don't think you can modify the USP trigger to bring it back, so your trigger finger placement is accomodated. However, rent the USP9 compact to make sure it is the gun that fits your hand. The fact that the P30 did nothing for you says that the USP9 compact may not even be the gun for you given that both guns are similar in size. If the P30 fits your hand with the small backstrap (and tune out feeling the ergo grip), the USP9 compact should be your gun.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)

USP9c--- hold one before acquiring!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

See photos below.

I still stand by my previous comment...no reason not to have another one.

Last edited by Monster9; 01-19-2020 at 02:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Doesn't the V4.1 parts bring the trigger back at rest towards the shooter?

I'm very fond of the USP9c and the full-size USP9. Both in the light LEM. If you like the full-size, I'm sure you'll like the compact.
    Last edited by Exiledviking; 01-20-2020 at 05:05 AM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Doesn't the V4.1 parts bring the trigger back at rest towards the shooter?
    There is no V4.1 for the USP/HK45 series. The parts only work with the P-series pistols.
    Exiledviking likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Correct answer is to buy another...
    hile and Vincent04 like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links