I finally found one..
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: I finally found one..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default I finally found one..

Hey guys! Long time HK owner, first time poster in the HKpro forums. I've been through my fair share of HK firearms but the one that has always alluded me was the Mark 23. Not sure why, you'd think in Texas they wouldn't be near impossible to find however I'd venture to say it's probably because most people who own one hold on to it. Well, yesterday was my day, and I was FINALLY able to find one up for grabs. I was expecting it to be a newer model, maybe shot to hell, but I was in for a surprise. The owner and I met up and when he whipped out the Eagle Camo case I almost lost my damn mind. He had a KG date code late 1996 production model with all the original paperwork and the 10rd patent pending magazines that shipped with the pistol in '96. I wasn't there to buy the pistol outright, I'd found this gentleman on a local swap sight and I was trading him for my Faxon FX-19 *a damn good pistol*, so when I realized what he had I felt like I was stealing the deal. I explained to him that the Mk23 was far more valuable than what I was offering, but apparently he had just traded the original owner a Mk21 EBR for the pistol and was deadset on getting a gucci'd out glock. I guess you could say it was my lucky day, so we made the trade and I drove away feeling like I was a fat kid in a cupcake shop, just heavy breathing the whole way home. When I got home, I immediately did a deep dive in to the condition of the pistol and I doubt even 500 rounds have been sent through the pipe. The barrel finish is still in great shape, and the slide has ZERO scuffs or imperfections. I'm having a hard time coming up with an estimated price as to what a KG date code Mk23 is worth, but it doesn't matter: this thing is everything I had hoped and dreamed it would ever be. Generally overhyping a firearm leads to severe disappointment *enter the Scar 17* but I can honestly say this is hands down the best pistol I've ever laid my hands on. Pardon the rant, but I'm over the moon with the purchase and wanted to share some photo's with others who would appreciate such a fine work of art. Glad I found this group!
    [/SIZE]I finally found one..-mk3.jpgI finally found one..-mk2.jpgAttachment 250640
    Last edited by CharlieOne72; 01-30-2020 at 09:46 PM. Reason: easier to read
    Tobrooksto and GuntherRommel like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Congrats. That's a ****ing steal. I love my 23, best shooting 45 ever.

Really jealous of that Eagle Camo case.
    CharlieOne72 likes this.
    Own: USPt45 OD, Mark 23
    Want: SP5, Surefire mk23 rail

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Awesome man!! Congrats to you. Happy for your find. Nice to see someone excited and enjoying life. Kudos! Enjoy and welcome to the forum.
    CharlieOne72 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)

Welcome to the site--- I have seen that somewhere--- awesome acquisition!!!

Tony
    CharlieOne72 likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Great deal! Great day! Congratulations and welcome to the MARK 23 club. Thanks for sharing the story and the photos.
    CharlieOne72 likes this.
    If "Dirty Harry" had been made in 1996:
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fire twelve shots or only eleven?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a HK MARK 23, the only offensive handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Nice snag! The fact that you outright stole it makes it that much more exciting doesn't it? LoL

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Outstanding. Well done. That's a beautiful pistol.
    My opinion's as worthy as one from any other doddering old grampa you have never met or heard of.

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

CharlieOne72,

Welcome to the forum. You have been on the Red & Black road for a while now. As you know, this brand of firearm WILL empty your wallet occasionally, as I'm sure you know.

Welcome again to the HK Emablers Forum. And congrats on the MK23... I LOVE early HK's. KG, KH, KI USP's are a favorite of mine.

OH THRLSEKR!!!
    Last edited by wallew; 01-30-2020 at 10:38 PM.
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

nothing like a KG mark 23...congrats!

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Congrats!! She is a beauty!! Like someone had stated, welcome to the Mark 23 club. You will not be disappointed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links