VP9 Striker Drop with Impact to Grip - Page 12
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: VP9 Striker Drop with Impact to Grip

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redpillregret View Post
    Not sure if you’re trying to be tongue in cheek or if you’re being serious.

But in case you’re being serious, it isn’t “using it as a hammer” that is concerning. The reasons why are outlined above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the message;

My point is simple;

I USE to carry a Sig 938 9mm......it was more reliable as a paperweight than it was a pistol.
    Every second or third shot....jam......99% of the time

I don't need to worry about my secondary now jamming as it works 100% of the time 100% of the time now
    and the Sig got retired POS.....S&W revolver {body guard} works 100% of the time.

So if this thang ain't working.....ditch it.

Cheers!!!!!!
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I will add to what I said earlier;

The VP9 is a good gun. If my VP9sk was a range toy I would keep it but I purchased it to carry. It is not my primary carry (I probably only carry it maybe 15-20% of the time) but I do occasionally carry it in plain clothes. My job often requires me to go into people's homes and places of work to make an arrest. My job often requires me to carry a firearm on a commercial flight. My point is, these are situations where I am carrying a firearm in confined spaces. If you often find yourself in confined spaces, that is a significantly increased chance of bumping into things, no matter how tactically aware you think you are. That is MY issue and why I made my decision.

For range use or the average civilian carrying concealed, this isn't as much of an issue. But for anyone carrying a firearm openly or someone who regularly is in a situation where the potential to use a firearm is there, particularly in a confined space, this issue is a serious concern.

I know it is difficult, particularly when there is money invested into a firearm (and holsters) that you really like. Again, everyone has to make their own decision, but to pretend that this is a non-issue is being disingenuous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ralphhh View Post
    This has been a very interesting thread..Hopefully, those of you who carry a VP9 or SKVP9, will reconsider after reading this thread.. I hate to say this but, its rapidly becoming clear that the VP9 has a flaw that should be taken very seriously. Those of you who claim that it’s not a problem,or that you’re not going to be using it as a hammer, and therefore it’s not an issue, all I can say to you folks is, Ok, keep carrying it. God help you if you are ever forced to find out how serious of an issue this really is. At the end of the day, it’s still your choice, you can carry a gun that has a known, serious flaw, or you can move to something else that doesn’t. It’s really that simple.

I myself am going through a similar dilemma, since last spring, I’ve been carrying a HK45C I installed a LEM kit in it, and I gotten pretty good with it, I love the damn thing. My problem is, my eye doctor says I have a cataract starting in my left eye (I’m cross eye dominate) at ranges out to 10-11yds I can do just fine, but out past that, my groups fall apart fast..I simply can’t see the front sight... So now I’m experimenting with a red dot, I bought a G45 MOS and a Trijicon RMR, once I got everything together, and sighted the pistol in, there was a huge instantaneous improvement in my abilities at 15 yds (as far as I can go at the indoor range I use) This is where the problem starts, I hate the thought of giving up the.45c, and I really don’t want to mill the slide for a red dot, plus I put in a lot of work to get good with a LEM.. but at the same time, I know that past 10-11yds, my shooting is a liability...the G45 solves this problem.. So now, I have to choose which is going to be my primary carry gun, probably for the foreseeable future until the cataract in my left eye can be removed, which may be several more years.. I’ll probably go with the G45, the much higher probability of making a first round hit, at longer ranges tips the scales in its favor..Glock has finally resolved the BTF issue that have plagued them for about the last 10years, with a cut in the breechface. Glock finally figured out what HK, and CZ have always known. That is, that the extractor has to have control of the case it’s pulling out and ejecting. It work’s, ejection out of this thing is typically about 6-8’ to the right, the empty cases fly out..If HK made a .45c with an optics ready slide, I’d buy it tomorrow.. I guess the point here is, to recognize when the time has come to make a change, whether it’s old age catching up with you, or you realize you have a pistol with a serious flaw. There’s no shame in moving on to something that works better for you.
    Those of you who keep saying its a serious problem and only back it up with hypothetical situations where the malfunction COULD happen, go ahead and keep saying it. You have no evidence that these situations can cause this malfunction (besides that one post). You clearly want the VP9 to fail. I finally understand what people mean when they say there is a huge bias against the VP9 on this forum.

There are over 100,000 vp9's in circulation for duty use all across the world. And those hypothetical situations would have occurred, right? With 100,000 VP9's, show me one report where this malfunction happened in a duty sense besides that one post (A now DELETED post which so happened to be conveniently posted on a different unrelated thread just a COUPLE of days after this thread started when people were asking if this malfunction could happen in the field). If there are so many ways that you think that this malfunction CAN happen, why are there VP9's still being used for duty today? Why would these organizations want a gun that has a "serious" issue and put their personnel in jeopardy? Why hasn't HK done anything about it? They have known about this for a long time now. Its a simple fix, just increase the sear spring power. You don't think that HK did their research when this issue came to light to make sure this "serious" malfunction wasn't a problem with their most used pistol professionally across the world.

If you don't feel comfortable carrying this gun then just say you aren't comfortable. But don't say that its a serious problem and that people need to stop carrying it without providing evidence of real world application.

Edit: This post isn't direct mainly at you. Sorry if it comes off as frustrated. This is more for the people on here who I have been talking with.
    Last edited by mngo888; 02-12-2020 at 04:37 PM.
    grumpy1 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

igs

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Well whatever HK decides to do about it just don't do a "voluntary upgrade" like Sig.

It's sad that in 2020 HK cannot make a pistol as good as the USP.
    mngo888 likes this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mngo888 View Post
    Those of you who keep saying its a serious problem and only back it up with hypothetical situations where the malfunction COULD happen, go ahead and keep saying it. You have no evidence that these situations can cause this malfunction (besides that one post). You clearly want the VP9 to fail. I finally understand what people mean when they say there is a huge bias against the VP9 on this forum.

There are over 100,000 vp9's in circulation for duty use all across the world. And those hypothetical situations would have occurred, right? With 100,000 VP9's, show me one report where this malfunction happened in a duty sense besides that one post (A now DELETED post which so happened to be conveniently posted on a different unrelated thread just a COUPLE of days after this thread started when people were asking if this malfunction could happen in the field). If there are so many ways that you think that this malfunction CAN happen, why are there VP9's still being used for duty today? Why would these organizations want a gun that has a "serious" issue and put their personnel in jeopardy? Why hasn't HK done anything about it? They have known about this for a long time now. Its a simple fix, just increase the sear spring power. You don't think that HK did their research when this issue came to light to make sure this "serious" malfunction wasn't a problem with their most used pistol professionally across the world.

If you don't feel comfortable carrying this gun then just say you aren't comfortable. But don't say that its a serious problem and that people need to stop carrying it without providing evidence of real world application.

Edit: This post isn't direct mainly at you. Sorry if it comes off as frustrated. This is more for the people on here who I have been talking with.
    Mngo888
    We’ll have to agree to disagree here, I’m not getting into a long debate over ground that’s already been covered..I sold both of my VP9’s a couple of years ago, mainly because I wasn’t convinced that these were on the same level of reliability that the hammer fired guns are..IMO, they are overly complex for a striker fired pistol, and really they don’t offer anything that a G17, or a CZ P-10 c does.. I regret that I’m probably going to forced to go to a G45 MOS, but currently HK is only offering a VP9 with an optics ready slide, and for me, that’s a no go. I look at it this way..for years Glock refused to admit that they had a BTF issue with their pistols, especially the G19. They denied it and did their best to say it was the shooters fault..Why?simple, because by admitting there’s a problem, then they open themselves up to getting sued.. If you’ve ever been hit in the eye pro with a hot empty case from a Glock, you’ve no idea how immediately distracting that is, not to mention possibly dangerous if you don’t have eye pro on when it happens. The same holds true here with HK, the first time some cop gets killed or injured because his VP9 went click, instead of bang and HK admits there was a problem that they didn’t reticfy, then they are on the hook for it..So, by not admitting there was a problem in the first place, they get off the hook.. As I said, I’m not engaging in any more debate. IMO, the VP9 is a seriously flawed pistol. Carry it if you want, for now anyway, it’s still a free country, I won’t.

One other thing to think about..most cops aren’t gun guys, and those who are issued a VP9, may not be aware of this issue, so it’s quite possible that right now, as I’m typing this some cop somewhere may be carrying a uncocked VP9 that may have gotten uncocked after a incident with a perp, and not knowing he never checked the pistol out.. That’s the scary part..Hopefully, the PD’s that issue/allow the use of are made aware of this little problem.
    Last edited by ralphhh; 02-12-2020 at 05:17 PM.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    Thanks for the message;

My point is simple;

I USE to carry a Sig 938 9mm......it was more reliable as a paperweight than it was a pistol.
    Every second or third shot....jam......99% of the time

I don't need to worry about my secondary now jamming as it works 100% of the time 100% of the time now
    and the Sig got retired POS.....S&W revolver {body guard} works 100% of the time.

So if this thang ain't working.....ditch it.

Cheers!!!!!!
    Agreed man. My VP9s are going.

Brad4065 likes this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mngo888 View Post

You really believe that foreigners carrying SFP9s are reporting malfunctions to fanboys on US message boards?

The fanboy is strong in this one.

Brad4065 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Let me know if I was incorrect anywhere

https://www.reddit.com/r/HecklerKoch...m_source=share
    mngo888 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmcutter View Post
    I like my VP9 but my end of the world gun will always be my V1 USPC9.
    Amen brother. I’ve two V1s, one tweaked with spur hammer and hk45 paddles, one stock. If I could only get a hold of a stainless...

Although I admit, shooting the VP9SK is butter.
    Last edited by Exemplar; 02-13-2020 at 01:19 AM.

GJM
    Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redpillregret View Post
    You really believe that foreigners carrying SFP9s are reporting malfunctions to fanboys on US message boards?

The fanboy is strong in this one.

Bet a bunch of the foreign military VP9 pistols are being carried condition 3 with the striker released.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links