VP9 Striker Drop with Impact to Grip - Page 13
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: VP9 Striker Drop with Impact to Grip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So, this was posted on Facebook in response to my above post that I cross posted to a private facebook group for the VP series (HK VP group). A Mr. Rick Holm, hope he is cool with me sharing this.

Also, a guy on reddit said his passed\no failure after he tested. Then a guy on Facebook said his failed\failure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VP9 Striker Drop with Impact to Grip-screenshot_20200212-211045_1581560751852.png   VP9 Striker Drop with Impact to Grip-screenshot_20200212-211123_1581560760399.png  
    PC7 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Exemplar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcutter View Post
    I like my VP9 but my end of the world gun will always be my V1 USPC9.
    Amen brother. I’ve two V1s, one tweaked with spur hammer and hk45 paddles, one stock. If I could only get a hold of a stainless...

Although I admit, shooting the VP9SK is butter.
    I have to admit this is no longer 100% accurate.
    My USPC 9 and 40 are at Gray Guns for action jobs and based largely on this thread and the thought of accidentally putting on the safety, I called and asked them to swap them to V3, decocker only. My Sig 229s seem to be adequately safe with a decocker and no manual safety, so I figured the HKs would do just as well. Speaking of butter, my P320C with an XCompact grip, Gray Guns competition trigger, and a GoGuns gas Pedal puts my VP9 to shame.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Bet a bunch of the foreign military VP9 pistols are being carried condition 3 with the striker released.
    You’re likely right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This guy chimed in. He has like an insane high round count using his VP9 in competition. Wish some ppl who have used this pistol in a lot of class settings doing drills, prone, and barricade work with a VP9 could add some info.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VP9 Striker Drop with Impact to Grip-screenshot_20200212-223623_1581565486249.png  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Solidcore View Post
    So, this was posted on Facebook in response to my above post that I cross posted to a private facebook group for the VP series (HK VP group). A Mr. Rick Holm, hope he is cool with me sharing this.

Also, a guy on reddit said his passed\no failure after he tested. Then a guy on Facebook said his failed\failure.
    Thanks for the update. A correction to Rick Holm's post is that the test he talks about is not anecdotal evidence but rather an actual controlled test from the SIG team. Sounds like the VP9 beat out all of the polymer framed striker fired competitors that were in the test. This is the type of objective evidence I am talking about that we needed. And it came from a reputable gun smith as well. Yeah, its only one controlled test from Sig Sauer but its more proof of reliability than coming up with hypothetical situations that the gun might fail in. You probably won't have anyone who wants to see this gun fail commenting on this.
    grumpy1 and PC7 like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mngo888 View Post

Thanks for the update. A correction to Rick Holm's post is that the test he talks about is not anecdotal evidence but rather an actual controlled test from the SIG team. Sounds like the VP9 beat out all of the polymer framed striker fired competitors that were in the test. This is the type of objective evidence I am talking about that we needed. And it came from a reputable gun smith as well. Yeah, its only one controlled test from Sig Sauer but its more proof of reliability than coming up with hypothetical situations that the gun might fail in. You probably won't have anyone who wants to see this gun fail commenting on this.
    I have been following all this then did a hard Google session. The 3 threads I linked are the only known cases I found. I'm only trying to share the data at this point, but you are correct. Rick provided a real test from and by a real group. The 2nd FB comment I shared goes further with someone that's has put a **** ton of time behind the vp9 trigger in a non plink range scenario. He said it's there but how much force are we talking about. A couple reddit post show positive results as well with no failures.

If ppl want to show this failure they need to provide video and some sort of controlled test. Then the should contact HK, let them know if it does fail, and share the response. Im reading a lot of ppl just shelving a machine without even troubleshooting. I would laugh if HK was like "oh yours does that we can fix it".

Source: i work in IT and deal with things like this constantly. I do get this can be a life or death issue but we need the hard data.

YVK
    Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Actually Rick didn't provide any tests. He provided hearsay type of info from a company that had initially denied that P320 drop issue ever existed even though they had known about it for months. If you took his quote that you posted and substituted VP9 by P320, it would've sounded just like what Bruce Gray said about P320 right after Omaha Outdoors showed heir videos but before SIG issued their "voluntary upgrade". I would Mexican-carry a VP9 with drop safety removed before I believed what SIG Sauer said about anything, whether it is their product or others.
    Somehow I don't think that there are any videos of Phil Strader throwing a bunch of poly guns against the walls. A video of a VP9 striker dropping down with a very ordinary force applied by a person who has nothing to gain from it is located in post #1.

It is pretty clear that some people can make this happen on their guns easily and some can't at all. The issue has been conveyed to HK by people who posted in this thread, HK tested some guns, and either couldn't do it or didn't think that experimental failures were relevant to real life. Until someone shoots themselves if their drop safety fails to catch a dropping striker, or gets shot because of dead trigger, nothing is going to change. This thread has done its job of making previously unaware people aware, no further gains can be made by continuing this discussion.
    Cut_to_Cure likes this.

GJM
    Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

With all due respect, a second hand report of drop testing supposedly done by Sig is hardly proof of anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Actually Rick didn't provide any tests. He provided hearsay type of info from a company that had initially denied that P320 drop issue ever existed even though they had known about it for months. If you took his quote that you posted and substituted VP9 by P320, it would've sounded just like what Bruce Gray said about P320 right after Omaha Outdoors showed heir videos but before SIG issued their "voluntary upgrade". I would Mexican-carry a VP9 with drop safety removed before I believed what SIG Sauer said about anything, whether it is their product or others.
    Somehow I don't think that there are any videos of Phil Strader throwing a bunch of poly guns against the walls. A video of a VP9 striker dropping down with a very ordinary force applied by a person who has nothing to gain from it is located in post #1.

It is pretty clear that some people can make this happen on their guns easily and some can't at all. The issue has been conveyed to HK by people who posted in this thread, HK tested some guns, and either couldn't do it or didn't think that experimental failures were relevant to real life. Until someone shoots themselves if their drop safety fails to catch a dropping striker, or gets shot because of dead trigger, nothing is going to change. This thread has done its job of making previously unaware people aware, no further gains can be made by continuing this discussion.
    Okay, if you are claiming that Rick Holmes has a bias towards the VP9 (just like Bruce Gray with the Sig p320) enough so that it is making him make up this whole thing, then can we really believe anyone on anything without proof? That's what you are implying, right? Because obviously Sig sauer isn't lying about the VP9 surviving so long in their test. Why would they want to lie in favor of a competitor's gun? You can't say that you basically don't believe Rick Holmes and then believe other people who said that they had this failure happen in their guns because both of those parties have bias. We are supposed to believe that the person in post #1 doesn't have a bias? Everyone on this forum has bias one way or the other towards the VP9, but I'm not going to not trust them unless they give me a reason not to. Yeah, seeing the actual test would be a much stronger point of evidence and I'm not taking what Rick said as the be all end all. Its just another indication (although a big one) to the reliability of the VP9.

If the sear drops AND their drop safety somehow fails that would be the unluckiest person in the world haha. If this is an actual problem, time will reveal it eventually and something will be done about it but until then more organizations will continue to depend their lives on this firearm. This discussion has definitely been very interesting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Then the should contact HK, let them know if it does fail, and share the response. Im reading a lot of ppl just shelving a machine without even troubleshooting. I would laugh if HK was like "oh yours does that we can fix it".
    Good point. Its almost if they don't want the problem to be fixed at all.
    Last edited by mngo888; 02-13-2020 at 08:08 AM.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links