VP9 Striker Drop with Impact to Grip - Page 2
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: VP9 Striker Drop with Impact to Grip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I kept repetitively striking the butt of my VP9 with a primed case chambered on a hard surface several times.

Had to stop when my brother-in-law started complaining about his head hurting.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

YVK
    Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trizio_e_caio View Post
    Sincerely, just scared by the video, i tried with my one hitting on the bottom grip. Nothing happened. Hammer still stay armed.
    Somebody else tried too?
    Thank you
    If you read other responses carefully, you would see that chances of this site's members to do an impartial testing in this regard are slim.

In other places some folks have been able to reproduce it on their guns, and reported that. I know a formerly HK sponsored shooter who could occasionally reproduce it on some of his. I understand that there is some learned skill to it, and that not all the VP9s do it. I myself don't own a VP so no help, but If you're interested, I can point out where the guy who found that out posts. And no, he is not on a crusade, he somehow found it and posted it. As I said, I am somewhat surprised why he made another video.
    “When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"
    "What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"
    "I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.
    Pooh nodded thoughtfully. "It's the same thing," he said.”

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rigged though it may be, makes me think. Has there actually been any police/military reports of these pistols being dangerous? I would't think so, but still.

PC7
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

One has to wonder if the OP's pistol has been modified. And thus question the validity of said "testing."

I say this because I just beat the stew out of my VP9 and the striker didn't release.
    Mind you this is a modified pistol itself, which would increase the likelihood of a release of the striker.
    I've polished the trigger/firing mechanism and put the Lazy Wolf sear spring in it.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : Sometimes where the gun laws suck, sometimes where they don't.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Well in 45 years of shooting pistols, several hundred thousand rounds and I have never dropped one of my guns. Furthermore I tend not to use my handguns as a hammer. 4 VP9’s zero issues. I’m good.
    flybynt, LCSO264 and mew like this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

In the real world, assuming that both the striker would go AND that the internal safety would prevent an actual firing, what's the difference....especially considering that it would have to be a precise "drop", and once you've dropped your gun you'll be glad it did NOT discharge, even if you have to rack it to get a new round, assuming you are able to pick it up.

On the range - where 99.999% of us discharge our HKs, this is a non-problem....not just for VP9, but for any other brand, too. Just my 2 cents, though no one actually asked for my opinion.

YVK

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ARC193 View Post
    Rigged though it may be, makes me think. Has there actually been any police/military reports of these pistols being dangerous? I would't think so, but still.
    Best of my knowledge, HK never submitted the VP9 to any U.S. trial or selection process. No adoption by LE/mil - no information from LE/mil. I believe that there's some European LE adoption but we don't get much information from there.
    I am not aware of any VP9 discharges due to a striker drop. So far.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly19 View Post
    I...especially considering that it would have to be a precise "drop"
    I bet that SIG never thought anyone would drop their guns precisely at -28 degrees.

The rest is a history.
    Last edited by YVK; 02-04-2020 at 02:13 AM.
    cornstalker likes this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I will keep that in mind if anyone ever sneaks up behind me and smacks the grip of my VP9 in the holster really hard with a big hammer.
    HK12Step, chuckster62 and PorterM like this.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    ― Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 4C Dragon View Post
    Bull **** test! Should have had a “primed” case chambered. If you are gonna go to that much trouble to bash a product at least do it correctly. It’s like the libtards and impeachment.
    AMEN!! No smoking gun in either case!!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links