VP9 Striker Drop with Impact to Grip - Page 3
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: VP9 Striker Drop with Impact to Grip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly19 View Post
    In the real world, assuming that both the striker would go AND that the internal safety would prevent an actual firing, what's the difference....especially considering that it would have to be a precise "drop", and once you've dropped your gun you'll be glad it did NOT discharge, even if you have to rack it to get a new round, assuming you are able to pick it up.

On the range - where 99.999% of us discharge our HKs, this is a non-problem....not just for VP9, but for any other brand, too. Just my 2 cents, though no one actually asked for my opinion.
    It's not the risk of a discharge, imo, but the risk of a dead trigger. It's a real risk if this is a real problem.

YVK seems to think the guy isn't on a crusade, so I'll take his word for it.

YVK
    Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post

I don't know they guy in person but we have a mutual acquaintance. I understand that the guy is a physician, has family, a wide interest in firearms, and is an intelligent person who's busy enough with life to be actively engaged in some anti-HK agenda. Based on his posts on another website, I tend to agree.
    Cut_to_Cure likes this.
    “When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"
    "What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"
    "I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.
    Pooh nodded thoughtfully. "It's the same thing," he said.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I don't know they guy in person but we have a mutual acquaintance. I understand that the guy is a physician, has family, a wide interest in firearms, and is an intelligent person who's busy enough with life to be actively engaged in some anti-HK agenda. Based on his posts on another website, I tend to agree.
    Makes sense to me. Since having a family, I've been too busy to care about brand wars too, let alone with all the other stuff in his life to boot.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

It's not the risk of a discharge, imo, but the risk of a dead trigger. It's a real risk if this is a real problem.

I agree.. what DreadPirateMoyer said is spot on, and something that a lot of people here, seem to miss.. Losing the pistol during an altercation, only to retrieve it, and get a dead trigger when you need it to work, especially if you are say, an LEO, is IMO, a serious problem.. At that point, it’s no longer HK bashing, but defective product bashing.. I had 2 VP9’s in the past, sold them both, I prefer HK’s hammer guns, that’s what HK does best, If I want a striker fired pistol, I’ll buy a Glock, because striker fired pistols is what they do best..
    Last edited by ralphhh; 02-04-2020 at 02:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Glock is the spoiler in all of this as the sear (Trigger Bar) sits on a shelf in the rest position. It cannot move down because it is mechanically retained. This is a benefit of the partially cocked striker action done well....

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I saw this on another forum as well. The purpose of the post isn’t a crusade against H&K or to ruin the reputation of the VP9. It is to make people aware.

To those of you that are suggesting nobody will sneak behind you and bump your slide with a hammer, nor will you use your gun as a hammer are either purposefully ignoring this, or you’re so short-sighted through lack of training or real-world experience that you cannot fathom why this would be a problem.

Real force on force encounters don’t occur on the square range. You don’t have the option to purposefully draw from your holster and meticulously take aim at the adversary from ten yards to be opted a nice slow trigger squeeze straight to the rear.

No, real encounters are up in your face, rolling on the ground, banging gear up against walls, and fighting for your life. Your sidearm is a life saving tool. If it no goes bangy because you were slammed into the wall ten seconds before you had the opportunity to draw, you just may be dead when you hear that click.

But keep on collecting and painting logos white and red and giving your pistols sunburn with all your amateur photography. Those who actually use and trust their guns will make you; you stand out like a sore thumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    YVK, cornstalker and THAT guy like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is my video.

For some reason when I changed it from unlisted to public and changed the channel name a couple days ago it reposted. I am no youtube wiz so I don’t really understand how that happens with edits.

The gun is stock.

I have made two other stock VP9s drop the striker. I think I can do it with any VP9.

I love HK pistols and own a variety of them.

I shoot a VP9 at near the top of my skill level. It truly seems to be an easy button for shooting.

I would not carry a VP9 for a duty gun in an outside the waistband, retention type holster precisely for this reasons. Especially if my job involved physical altercations where the gun could slam the concrete.
    cornstalker likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think alot of people here are blowing this issue out of proportion. So we have established that if this issue occurs then the drop safety will do its job and we will have a dead trigger. So basically it's a tap rack and we are good to go like mostly any other malfunction. So just treat it like a malfunction.

I have been following the Active self protection channel on YouTube and I have only seen a few if not a couple of instances where a gun touches the ground (from either falling out of someones hands or a fighting on the ground) in a gun fight and that's out of around 1000 gun fights I have seen on that channel and others. So that's a pretty small chance. Now multiple that by the chance that if the gun does strike the ground that it hits exactly at that angle and force. That's a pretty small chance again and I argue that the chance of all of that happening is equal to or less than the chance that any type of normal malfunction a handgun can have (stove pipe, fte, ftf, light primer). It's not a big deal since the chance is so small, just another malfunction to add to the list.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

For those who feel that others are nothing but alarmists when it comes to this issue and those who feel like "It's not a big deal since the chance is so small, just another malfunction to add to the list", this guy will disagree with you.

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handg...p9-issues.html

No matter how tiny the chance, if it's your tail on the line you are going to want to be able to trust your weapon with your life. When people need a gun to work RIGHT NOW they are not expecting to have to figure out why there was no bang a split second before their last chance to live evaporates. Consider for a moment the stresses and forces applied to this mans side arm during the conflict and suddenly "that perfect hit at just the right angle and force" is out the window. Who knows what happened during that mess that caused the trigger to go dead? Would you feel comfortable enough to depend on it?
    This isn't about insults, it isn't about anyone being wrong, and it certainly isn't anyone telling anyone else they are wrong for liking and using the VP pistols. It's about a serious issue that can potentially render the side arm useless rather easily, for as of yet unknown reasons, and has been proven repeatable. It isn't what I'd call a rare anomaly.
    Be professionals, consider the issue as serious as if YOUR life depended on it. Or, the life of your child or mate.

Myself, I'm glad the issue has come to light. It's important to get info out there so people can make informed decisions and this matter has sealed that fact that I'll never count on a VP pistol.
    HK12Step, sickness and THAT guy like this.
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Who is so obsessed with hating a gun brand/gun that they spend years of their life finding bizarre ways to make it fail?

Surreal.
    Dunno about 'hating' a brand. I see it as 'hacking' and figuring out the failure points, at best.

Reading through the whole thread is enlightening for a number of reasons. First, the fanboi-ism. C'mon fellas. Yes, we all like HK. But no, HKs are not perfect.
    Second, the fact that people can really look at this and NOT see an issue. WTH?

I'm no operator or uber-cool guy. I've trained a little. Just enough to know I'm probably dead if it comes to a gunfight with anyone but an idiot or two-year olds.
    But I can still see an OBVIOUS problem here.
    Last edited by sickness; 02-09-2020 at 02:30 AM.
    cornstalker likes this.
    Own: HK91, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, P8A1, USP SD, USP9, USP9 FDE
    Future: SP5? Assuming I can find an honest seller.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links