VP9 Striker Drop with Impact to Grip - Page 6
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: VP9 Striker Drop with Impact to Grip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mngo888 View Post
    I think alot of people here are blowing this issue out of proportion. So we have established that if this issue occurs then the drop safety will do its job and we will have a dead trigger. So basically it's a tap rack and we are good to go like mostly any other malfunction. So just treat it like a malfunction.
    This tells me that, other than watching a thousand ASP videos, you've never been in a situation (or come close) to have to shoot someone. Generally, you're already behind the curve and playing catch up to someone already committing an act that requires you to use deadly force...

"So basically it's a tap rack and we are good to go..."

You won't be thinking that when you get a "squish" instead of a "bang" first thing out of the holster.

Stay safe out there on YouTube...

edit: Just went and tried it with my duty VP9, striking the grip moderately on my workbench. Without a magazine, it dropped the striker 39 out of 50 strikes. With a loaded magazine, it dropped 32 out of 50 strikes.
    Last edited by kb377; 02-09-2020 at 08:54 PM.
    sickness likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kb377 View Post
    This tells me that, other than watching a thousand ASP videos, you've never been in a situation (or come close) to have to shoot someone. Generally, you're already behind the curve and playing catch up to someone already committing an act that requires you to use deadly force...

"So basically it's a tap rack and we are good to go..."

You won't be thinking that when you get a "squish" instead of a "bang" first thing out of the holster.

Stay safe out there on YouTube...

edit: Just went and tried it with my duty VP9, striking the grip moderately on my workbench. Without a magazine, it dropped the striker 39 out of 50 strikes. With a loaded magazine, it dropped 32 out of 50 strikes.
    Because I watch 2,000 videos of shootings that means I haven't been in a situation where I had to use my firearm? Because being personally involved in a self defense means that you already know everything about gun fights and do not need to research more and learn from real examples, right?

I am noticing a little bit a hostility on this topic towards me. If you can't counter argue my points please don't reserve to ad hominem attacks and try to assume my background and experience.

If a gun doesn't go bang, the first remedial action is to tap and rack. This is basic weapon malfunction knowledge and should be practiced.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mngo888 View Post
    Because I watch 2,000 videos of shootings that means I haven't been in a situation where I had to use my firearm? Because being personally involved in a self defense means that you already know everything about gun fights and do not need to research more and learn from real examples, right?

I am noticing a little bit a hostility on this topic towards me. If you can't counter argue my points please don't reserve to ad hominem attacks and try to assume my background and experience.

If a gun doesn't go bang, the first remedial action is to tap and rack. This is basic weapon malfunction knowledge and should be practiced.
    Tap rack bang works on square range quite nicely doesn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

YVK
    Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kb377 View Post

Since this is your duty gun, are you going to do anything about it?
    “When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"
    "What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"
    "I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.
    Pooh nodded thoughtfully. "It's the same thing," he said.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Been following this thread from the beginning.
    A bit disturbing: Yes!
    Did some of my own testing of both my VP9 and VP9sk and confirmed that their triggers can be disabled. I also confirmed, with primed sized and length checked brass, through drop tests(5' off the fridge to a kitchen floor), also beating on the butt grip, slide & muzzle that, multiple cases and primers were not ignited, dented or even marked.
    I've searched on the internet and I just can't seem to find what weapon FBI agent Chase Bishop was packing when he did his famous back-flip AD in the Colorado saloon. Can someone send me a link on that weapon!
    I'm pushing 73 years and am content that something will eventually be my demise. Pretty confident that it won't be my VP's
    Oh, for those searching for perfection.....I thought I had mine with my first wife!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer47 View Post
    Been following this thread from the beginning.
    A bit disturbing: Yes!

I've searched on the internet and I just can't seem to find what weapon FBI agent Chase Bishop was packing when he did his famous back-flip AD in the Colorado saloon.
    IIRC, the agent's weapon went off when he grabbed it off the floor. No gun is idiot-proof and Chase proved it.

I don't have a dog in this VP dead striker stuff. But if I did, I too would be concerned.
    Last edited by HelioUSP; 02-10-2020 at 09:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HelioUSP
    You're right he did grab his shooter, I forgot that fact.
    Anyway, I'm comfortable with the VPs. They're not bomb proof but then nothing is!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I tried this and it took some force to get my SK striker to drop. I could only get it to drop by using it like a hammer holding it by the muzzle. I tried dropping it from about my hip height onto the base of the magwell loaded (Empty chamber) and couldn’t get it to drop. I seriously doubt there’s any scenario that I could hit it that hard on the magwell while holstered and have the gun take the full force. Unless I’m running full sprint backwards at an angle since I have it fairly aggressively canted forward and smack it into a wall while my arm is keeping it from moving. My holster gives and moves if bumped so that takes some of the force out of the impact. I’m not really worried about this at all but am curious what specifically causes this? Could the catch spring be to light? Not trading it off as I love my SK. The VP9 has never been a hell and back Gun in my eyes anyway. If SHTF my HK45CT, USP 40 or P30L or all of em are on my hip. One gun for the big 3 ammo selections lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZuluDeltaWhiskey View Post
    I tried this and it took some force to get my SK striker to drop. I could only get it to drop by using it like a hammer holding it by the muzzle. I tried dropping it from about my hip height onto the base of the magwell loaded (Empty chamber) and couldn’t get it to drop. I seriously doubt there’s any scenario that I could hit it that hard on the magwell while holstered and have the gun take the full force. Unless I’m running full sprint backwards at an angle since I have it fairly aggressively canted forward and smack it into a wall while my arm is keeping it from moving. My holster gives and moves if bumped so that takes some of the force out of the impact. I’m not really worried about this at all but am curious what specifically causes this? Could the catch spring be to light? Not trading it off as I love my SK. The VP9 has never been a hell and back Gun in my eyes anyway. If SHTF my HK45CT, USP 40 or P30L or all of em are on my hip. One gun for the big 3 ammo selections lol
    Yeah, if I held it like a hammer I could get my sear to drop just about every time BUT it had the lightened ultra match hkparts sear spring in it. When I switched back to the stock spring I couldn't replicate the malfunction no matter how hard I hit the gun on a wooden bench. Also, dropping the gun on its handle from 6' couldn't drop it either. I'm sticking to the stock sear spring.

I don't think people realize how much force it would actually take to get it to drop. The cause of this issue is in the position of the sear spring itself. It sits vertically in the gun so an upward force can compress it and thus release the sear. If HK made an extra powered (I'm sure anyone could custom make one) sear spring, the problem would be non existent.

Here is a video of me completely destroying my wood window sill with the butt of the VP9. I can't get it to drop on mine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Has this been tried with the 2020 refresh model?

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links